Marion's Collection

Parnell: Where do I keep it all? Well actually right now it's pretty much kept in drawers for safe keeping. One of these days I'll actually have somewhere to DISPLAY it all. :lol:

Steve:

It's a leather armband. I will tell you more about condition etc. when it arrives. :pdt34:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

I received it on Saturday. I was wrong, it is cloth. It's red, with the white engineer's castle and white lettering. It's in very good condition. It has three sets of snaps to fit various arms. :pdt34:

Marion J Chard

Al Kincer kindly sent these to me for my collection. Al as always I am forever grateful. You have helped me tremendously in my research and have also become a friend of great and rare value. Thank you. Your kindness shall never be forgotten.

post-36-1163426296_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   PatchesFromAlKincer001.jpg (Size: 91.41 KB / Downloads: 0)
Marion J Chard

Nice. Seeing that X Corps badge(I presume that is what it is), reminds me of our last meeting of the Military Collector's Club. He had a different corps patch that had the green edging that made it worth quite a bit. I was a little surprised as the corps patches are NOT considered much of very collectable.

Better hang on to it.

BTW, I bought an Engineers patch that has the Red/White Shield seperated by a wavy line down the middle and the seahorse on the right side. I thought of donating it to my favorite Engineer Web Master if she was interested. Do you have one?

Steve

I didn't see the 34th Red Bull Divn. patch. If you don't knowwhereto get one or two, e-mail Jerry Gorden-jlg34d@msn.com. Marion if you don't have one, I'll take the one off my shirt sleeve and send it to you. Rocky

BTW, I bought an Engineers patch that has the Red/White Shield seperated by a wavy line down the middle and the seahorse on the right side. I thought of donating it to my favorite Engineer Web Master if she was interested. Do you have one?

Dear Steve:

I thank you for your very generous offer, but if you don't already have another in your collection, then I recommend that YOU HANG ONTO sweetie. The men of the 36th have generously given me a few patches and pins. It would be nice if each of us had at least one to his/her name. Doncha think? ;)B)

I didn't see the 34th Red Bull Divn. patch. If you don't knowwhereto get one or two, e-mail Jerry Gorden-jlg34d@msn.com. Marion if you don't have one, I'll take the one off my shirt sleeve and send it to you. Rocky

Dear Rocky:

I also thank you for your generosity, but I have an original Red Bull patch that my dad brought home from the war. That was part of the mystery when I first began my research into his war years. I thought that he might have been part of the 34th Infantry Division. Who knows, he may have been for a short time. I don't know. But, the Red Bull patch was carefully preserved amongst his prized possessions, including his photos, 5th and 7th Army patches, CIB, US and Engineer pins, Expert Sharp Shooter badge, his 540th pin and of course his ribbons. Those are all on display on his page.

I am trying to consolidate everything I have by placing it here in this post, I will add to it. The above ones were just those that Al recently gave to me. He has also given me much more. I am going through all my collection this afternoon to see just what I do have!

Marion J Chard

My dad's things...

5th Army Patch

post-36-1163446561_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   5thArmyPatch.jpg (Size: 8.85 KB / Downloads: 0)
Marion J Chard

Dad's 7th Army Patch

post-36-1163446613_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   7thArmyPatch.jpg (Size: 5.91 KB / Downloads: 0)
Marion J Chard

Dad's 540th pin

post-36-1163446663_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   540thPin.jpg (Size: 5.65 KB / Downloads: 0)
Marion J Chard

Dad's Army Corps of Engineers pin

post-36-1163446726_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   ArmyCorp.jpg (Size: 8.34 KB / Downloads: 0)
Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WWII Buff shares impressive collection Walt's Daughter 5 6,949 02-27-2010, 06:41 PM
Last Post: roque_riojas
  MARNE's Collection... moose 16 22,519 10-28-2007, 08:23 PM
Last Post: j3rdinf