Forums
472nd Engineer Maintenance Company - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew)
+-- Forum: World War II (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Forum: WWII ENGINEERS (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: 472nd Engineer Maintenance Company (/showthread.php?tid=710)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

472nd Engineer Maintenance Company - Walt's Daughter - 12-23-2005

I'll let you know when I receive the CD. B)

472nd Engineer Maintenance Company - spencerlam - 12-26-2005

Marion,

I just posted to a link on Davids forum site some of the documents that I had sent you on the cd. I also have scanned some others that you might be interested in so take a look. This is the link to this information ftp://ixecguest:ixec@ftp.servage.net/ I hope it works.

472nd Engineer Maintenance Company - Walt's Daughter - 12-26-2005

It did take me to David's FTP site, but your docs won't open. When I go into David's folders I can open his docs though.

I am a computer tech and it doesn't appear that your docs are in the right folder. I believe they have to be in one of David's folders because those are FTP designated folders.

472nd Engineer Maintenance Company - spencerlam - 12-26-2005

This was the link that he gave me to down load the information. Some of the information that I placed at the site was off of the cd I sent, but the two file folders full of stuff is what I have recently scanned and is not on the cd. Is there some way to fix these so they will work? The reason why I ask is because I was trying to make the 973rd information available to another person on David's forum looking for histories and such and I did not send him a cd so I was hoping that he would be able to access them from this link.

472nd Engineer Maintenance Company - Walt's Daughter - 12-26-2005

Ask Dave to move them for you. If they are in HIS folders, then they should work just fine. Just tell him that they aren't working where they are.

B)

472nd Engineer Maintenance Company - Walt's Daughter - 12-27-2005

Just got your CD a few minutes ago. Haven't had a chance to look at it yet. Thanks a mill...

472nd Engineer Maintenance Company - spencerlam - 12-29-2005

Today I contacted a few people on the phone about information on both the 472nd and the 973rd.

I did finally got in touch with Pam Bass (Misfeldt) daughter of Wanda Misfeldt. She said that she had some information in box in her house and wanted me to call back in a few days to let her look for it. Hopefully she will find something.

I also got in contact with Burton Pinkham' son. Burton Pinkham was the commanding officer of the 472nd. He was not sure what had happened to his fathers records and thought that they might be lost (too bad).

I also contacted another veteran from the 973rd. I actually found one that was still alive. I talked to his wife, apparently her husband has some trouble remembering the details but she did say that she has definitely heard him talk about my uncle before. She said that she had some records in a box at her house and she was going to search for it for me and try to get me as much information as she could.

472nd Engineer Maintenance Company - Walt's Daughter - 12-29-2005

Yeah! Some good news. I hope that they do find some records to share with you. I will keep my fingers crossed even though I'm not superstitious! :lol: Keep us posted! :pdt34:

472nd Engineer Maintenance Company - spencerlam - 01-05-2006

Marion,

Just wondering if any of those documents on the CD were useful for you.

I have recently aquired a copy of "The Corps of Engineers The War against Japan" and the "The Corps of Engineers The War against Germany" both are first print in the green hard covers. I found a new book site (where I got the Germany one from) to search and buy all sorts of books it is ABE Books (www.abebooks.com). I was able to find all of the Corps of engineer volumes in green hard back form. They even had a full set of the books (50 volumes in all) in first print for sale for $1700.00.

I have re-contacted Pam Bass (Misfeldt) and she said that she found the documents and files that her dad and mom kept and she was going to send me copies of all of it. She also found some information on some other units that she is going to send me. The other units were the 475th Engineer maintenance company and the 978th engineer maintenace company. So it will be interesting to see what she has.

472nd Engineer Maintenance Company - Walt's Daughter - 01-05-2006

Spence:

More good news. You must be pretty excited about getting the copies of docs from Pam. I had a good feeling about that the moment I saw it.

I have had a chance to briefly go through the docs you sent and was very pleased. It will come in handy for future reference for myself and also for others who may visit this site. I plan on placing the files here in the near future. Please bear with me while I try to upload all this info. B)

I have the War Against Germany, but not the War Against Japan. I would like to one day add it to my collection, but at present I have to pull my priorities together and keep my focus on the ETO and especially VI Corps. Yes you know how expensive this can get. :D Thank God I've had some generous vets who have donated some books and manuals to my collection. God bless you boys! -o-

Tonight I am sorting through over a thousand documents from my dad's unit, the 540th and placing all the information together by months and years. Quite an undertaking, but awfully interesting. Winter is a great time for me to do this, and forcing myself to get organized will motivate me to keep writing. Some days I just look at it and get a dreaded feeling in the pit of my stomach. But as with anything else, once you get started things begin to fall into place.

The other units were the 475th Engineer maintenance company and the 978th engineer maintenace company. So it will be interesting to see what she has.

Can't wait to see what this entails too. Here's a link on the forum regarding the 978th everyone.

http://208.56.11.96/Invision/index.php?sho...ic=247&hl=978th