Forums
Sam Consolo 540th Combat Engineer - looking for buddies - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew)
+-- Forum: World War II (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Forum: WWII ENGINEERS (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Sam Consolo 540th Combat Engineer - looking for buddies (/showthread.php?tid=4806)

Pages: 1 2

Sam Consolo 540th Combat Engineer - looking for buddies - Walt's Daughter - 08-06-2014

Sam Consolo 540th Combat Engineer Co B, is looking for the following good friends, also from Co B.

James V Stowell Jr

Arthur Cortz (not sure of spelling)

Gregory Castor (again, not sure of spelling)

If you have any information, please contact me and I will get in touch with Sam and his daughter Joan.

Thanks for your help. :pdt12:

Sam Consolo 540th Combat Engineer - looking for buddies - Walt's Daughter - 08-06-2014

Guess what? Joan just called and said she found pics of her father-in-law and his buddies in my photo gallery. I didn't even realize I had them. They are in Paul McGee's folder. How thrilling. I will look that up and post here too, shortly. Joan, thanks for calling and making my night even more special!

:clappin:

Well here we go. I am just beside myself with joy and surprise!

Here are the name of the men, starting with back row, from left to right:

Arthur Cordts, Matt Kohnen, Frank Olbrish, Gerald Coats, James Stowell

Kneeling from left to right:

Seraphine Rolando, Samuel Consolo, Pete Polanski, Paul McGee

Joan said her dad just loved seeing this and has a really big smile on his face tonight. Can't tell you how happy this makes me too. :pdt12: :pdt12: :pdt12:

post-2-0-23940500-1407364985_thumb.jpg

And as you can see, the man on the top left is Arthur Cordts, once of the men he was looking for. Well it's a start, for we have Sam and Arthur in a pic together. Wonderful, wonderful.

Oh and I just gave Joan, Paul McGee's daughter's email address, so they can correspond too. :bluejumper: :bluejumper: :bluejumper:

Sam Consolo 540th Combat Engineer - looking for buddies - Jean Jacobson - 08-07-2014

Awesome, Marion!

You know, it really is truly Amazing what you have been doing for years for all of us!!!

You Dad must be so so so Proud!!!

Jean

Sam Consolo 540th Combat Engineer - looking for buddies - Walt's Daughter - 08-07-2014

Thank you Jean. I am my father's earthly conduit! :waving:

Sam Consolo 540th Combat Engineer - looking for buddies - mikel - 08-08-2014

Wow, that's amazing stuff! :)

James V. Stowell Jr. shows as entering service from Monroe, NY and I see he lived in Elmira for a while. Those are places to start looking for him or his family.

Sorry I didn't have any luck with the other two names. :(

Sam Consolo 540th Combat Engineer - looking for buddies - Walt's Daughter - 08-09-2014

Thanks for trying. :pdt12: :pdt12: