Forums
Rocky's Italy Trip 2011 - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew)
+-- Forum: World War II (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Forum: ANYTHING WWII (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Rocky's Italy Trip 2011 (/showthread.php?tid=3126)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Rocky's Italy Trip 2011 - Walt's Daughter - 05-12-2011

Is she an actress?

Rocky's Italy Trip 2011 - Enrico - 05-12-2011

No :D, but given the success, maybe I can persuade Hollywood to engage her :P

Rocky's Italy Trip 2011 - Walt's Daughter - 05-13-2011

LOL!!!

While here, would like to thank all the forum members who contributed to the funds for Rocky's trip. Greatly appreciated!

Rocky's Italy Trip 2011 - Dogdaddy - 05-13-2011

She is my girlfriend, Ligeia. She has great patience with me and recently accompanied me to the reenactment in 40s clothes... She also receives a lot of success ^_^

I want to propose her to Mr. Spielberg and Mr. Hanks for a hypothetical new TV series "The Italian Front". (only then if they take us as actors hahaha B):lol:)

If she needs a period uniform I have an original WWII US Navy Waves jacket and cap that would probably fit her :woof:

post-150-0-47199500-1305334449_thumb.jpg

post-150-0-27439700-1305334583_thumb.jpg

Rocky's Italy Trip 2011 - Enrico - 05-14-2011

Thanks for the offer, but unfortunately we are far from the sea and when we do re-enactments, it would be out of place :D

By chance would you have a pair of HBT pants for man? Here in Europe are almost impossible to find... :D

Sorry for the OT

Rocky's Italy Trip 2011 - Dogdaddy - 05-15-2011

Howdy,

I have only one pair of HBT trousers right now that I use with my USMC mannequin display..Sorry!

Rocky's Italy Trip 2011 - Enrico - 05-15-2011

no problem :D

OD or camo version?

Sorry again for the off topic I promise I will not do it anymore! :)

Rocky's Italy Trip 2011 - Dogdaddy - 05-16-2011

Sorry again for the off topic I promise I will not do it anymore! :)

My fault on getting off topic..Apologies to M1. I have answered via PM!

Rocky's Italy Trip 2011 - Walt's Daughter - 05-16-2011

You guys rock. See you didn't even need me to intervene, etc. You handled it on your own and got what you needed to get done. I have great members!!!

Rocky's Italy Trip 2011 - Walt's Daughter - 05-16-2011

Rocky said he couldn't login, so I sent him his login name and re-set his password. I will post this in the interim, but will happily await for him to re-join us again...

I tried to write on the forum but I couldn't get in. So here goes--We,Elizabeth and I, left for Italy April 18 and returned May 3. It was a trip of a lifetime for me. We were met in Rome and Matteo,our guide was ready to start where I wanted to see. MONTE CASSINO. Anzio for starters. Then we went to Verona because on the 23rd,it was liberation day. There was parade and I had to ride in the lead jeep. Was in Rome for Easter Sunday and Monday,seems like there was over a million people there. Lot of interviews. And picture taking. There is an American Barracks of the 102 Airborne in Verona that we went and I talked to them and they want me to go back again. "Just said,"we'll see" So many things happened , And they all said I was a Hero, I told them all--I was no Hero,the Heroes were the one that did not make it back,just go to the American Cemetary and see the crosses there with their names. It was a wonderful trip and I felt better after we left.

THIS OLE WW11 VETERAN IS A HAPPY MAN NOW !!!!!!!!!