Forums
The story of the Anzio blanket (my new blankie) - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew)
+-- Forum: World War II (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Forum: ANYTHING WWII (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The story of the Anzio blanket (my new blankie) (/showthread.php?tid=2464)

Pages: 1 2 3

The story of the Anzio blanket (my new blankie) - Walt's Daughter - 09-02-2008

Here's the interview. Just received it this morning! Enjoy!

Ken and Marion's Interview

The story of the Anzio blanket (my new blankie) - roque_riojas - 09-02-2008

M-1 7;25 AM C.S.T. JUST HEARD THE INTERVIEW. QUITE A STORY, YOU SOUNDED LIKE A TEENAGER. AS FAR AS THE

BLANKET--I THINK IT IS IN TTHE RIGHT PLACE AND THE RIGHT PERSON HAS IT. MY SUGGESTION WOULD BE THAT

----YOU--- PUT A NOTE ON THE BLANKET SAYING, '' PROPERTY OF AN UNKNOWN G.I, AT ANZIO''. SIGNED BY SOME

THAT WERE AT ANZIO. ROQUE,(Rocky)...

The story of the Anzio blanket (my new blankie) - moose - 09-02-2008

post-256-1220360727_thumb.gif Real cool, don't care if Snow White is in the White House, Marion... you'll always be my First Lady... :heartpump::clappin:

The story of the Anzio blanket (my new blankie) - 206thmpco - 09-02-2008

Great interview with Ken M1! :armata_PDT_37:

So glad that this reminder of all our brave Anzio veterans has come to you - who'd have such a deep appreciation for it.

I'm sure the "unknown GI" is smiling.

m2

The story of the Anzio blanket (my new blankie) - CaptO - 09-02-2008

Nice to put a voice to the text! Great story and interview.

The story of the Anzio blanket (my new blankie) - Walt's Daughter - 09-02-2008

Merci and gratias amigos and amies!

Just got another letter from Ken this morning. How sweet. I will share with all later, as well as that promised photograph.

Okay, here it is in all its glory!

Anzio%20Blanket%205.jpg

=======

September 2, 2008

Hi Marion. Just wanted you to know I really enjoyed listening to the Steve Madely show on CFRA last Thursday. You and Ken did a superb job. I am sure you are happy to have received the blanket. I do have a request ... I was wondering, if it is at all possible for you to send me a picture of the blanket. Every month The War Amputations of Canada puts out a Newsletter to our National Council of Veterans Association members here in Canada and we would like to include the Steve Madely interview. A picture would be the 'icing on the cake', as they say. Only if this isn't too much trouble. You can send it via e-mail or mail to:

Verna Zadow

The War Amputations of Canada

2827 Riverside Drive

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

K1V 0C4

Thanks Marion. Hope all is well with you. Talk to you soon.

Verna

Ken_Paynter_08_28_08001.pdf

The story of the Anzio blanket (my new blankie) - roque_riojas - 09-02-2008

Sorry but I have never seen a blanket like this. ALL WE HAD WERE BROWN

WOOLEN PLAIN. Maybe the engineers or rear echelon people had them.

Hm, Grey with U.S. nice looking blanket. M-1, when you fold it, make

sure the U.S. is visible. Rocky

The story of the Anzio blanket (my new blankie) - verow - 09-03-2008

Great interview ! :clappin: Marion, Nice to hear your voice and you have a very nice laugh !! :heartpump:

VEE

The story of the Anzio blanket (my new blankie) - Walt's Daughter - 09-03-2008

Oh Rocky, quick note; the blanket is green, it got washed out with the flash from my digital camera. It's definitely the standard army wool green. I'll upload another photo which shows the color better.

The story of the Anzio blanket (my new blankie) - roque_riojas - 09-03-2008

GREEN BLANKET?? 34th ID, reunion starts this comming Thursday thru Sunday, I will

ask if there were green blankets issued. Wednesday I will shut this down till Sunday

PM. Des Moines, lookout!! Rocky