Forums
292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous Topics (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself! (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: 292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) (/showthread.php?tid=2447)

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - buk2112 - 02-29-2016

Very sorry for your loss Sam. Marion is right, it is awesome you had the fore thought to record your grandfather's experiences, I'm sure it will be something you will always cherish. We all look forward to anything you wish to share with us regarding your grandfather.

Randy

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Sir Gator - 02-29-2016

Sam,

Great to see you back in the "292 fold", my friend! Accept my sincere condolences on the passing of your grandfather. Having just lost my father last year, I feel for you and your family on your loss. As Randy and Marion stated, we all look forward to anything you have to offer to expand the history of the 292nd and the experiences of it's patriots. I'm sure I speak for all when we say take the time you need with your loss and when you are ready we will be here ready to here all about your grandfather and his patriotic pursuits. I also wanted to take this opportunity to thank you so much for your original post and the flicker album that you created. Last year when you posted it I eagerly went and looked through all of the photos and was thrilled to find one that had my grandfather in it. The one I speak of is labeled "The motor pool gang. Made in France." He is kneeling the left soldier of the three. What a gift you have given my family as he had very few photos and almost nothing from his service. I attached the image of yours that I speak of and thank you, again, for this unexpected gift!

I will also say what I have in the past, that I will give assistance to anyone who needs assistance in scanning images or documents so that we may better document these great men and their unit. I have a scanner that can scan at extremely high resolution (see one of my previous posts). Again, thanks, my friend! Thoughts and prayers with you and your family.

Gary

post-2431-0-03637400-1456784428_thumb.jpg

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Sir Gator - 03-04-2016

Here's a picture of a kid that did a project for a county social studies fair about the 292nd ECB, Company C in World War II. Pretty cool that young person is taking interest. Here's the link:

http://www.bdtonline.com/news/area-schools-compete-in-annual-mercer-county-social-studies-fair/article_8ea4f79c-8ce2-11e5-9875-bbee4cce00c7.html

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Walt's Daughter - 03-05-2016

I love seeing things like this. Bravo to this young man. We need more like him. :clappin2::pdt12:

Ah, I stand to be corrected! The young ladies name is Abby!

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - buk2112 - 03-05-2016

Absolutely Marion, this is great. Thank you Gary for posting it. Please correct me if I am wrong but I believe this is a young lady instead of a young man. Have a good one everybody!

Randy

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Jeweler - 03-05-2016

I think I need to talk to that little boy -- he probably has some good stuff to post here!

Pete

I, too, stand corrected: "little girl" !!!

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Sir Gator - 03-06-2016

I had wondered if there was any way to contact the young ladies parents or get information to pass along to them concerning the interest that we all have here that their family also seems to have. Any ideas on this?

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Walt's Daughter - 03-06-2016

Oh yes, in fact I have done this before - getting in touch with peeps in news articles, etc. I have actually had some luck with this. We would need to get in contact with the newspaper reporter and state our wishes. If you did this, you would give them your contact info to pass along to Abby and her family. I think she would be absolutely thrilled.

I have even been put in contact with veterans this way. I say go for it! :clappin2:

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - buk2112 - 03-06-2016

Marion, you are so helpful! It would be interesting to know what Abby's relationship to the 292nd is, and what they might be able to share with us.

Randy

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - buk2112 - 03-06-2016

Here is one for Pete. It is a Marching Party list from one of the Morning Reports, I'm afraid I do not currently have a date for this document. The arrow points to his uncle's name, Pvt Dean F Belmonte. The ASN is a little fuzzy but I believe it is #36900101. Have a good day everyone!

Randy

post-2432-0-43600600-1457286435_thumb.jpg