Forums
292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous Topics (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself! (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: 292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) (/showthread.php?tid=2447)

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Sir Gator - 02-21-2017

Thanks Gary, this is very thoughtful and considerate of you.

Randy

You are quite welcome, my friend! It's the least I can do for all that you have done for folks in this thread and others on the forum. Glad to here from you again and look forward to continued contact. :)

Gary

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Sir Gator - 02-22-2017

I haven't said this enough recently, but Randy Clark (aka Buk2112) is one heck of a guy! He'll selflessly help anyone with anything and the world would surely be a much better place if there we many more like him! Just my two cents worth... :)

Gary

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Sir Gator - 02-23-2017

On this day 73 years ago Operation Grenade begins.  The 84th Infantry Division begins crossing the Elbe River with support from the 292nd Engineer Combat Battalion culminating in March with Allied forces reaching the Rhine River.

OperationGrenade.jpg

Meanwhile in the Pacific, the Stars and Stripes is raised on Mt Suribachi on the island of Iwo Jima. Here is the first flag raising, the smaller first flag being replaced by the second larger flag and the iconic Joe Rosenthal photo of the second flag raising.

1stFlagRaising.jpg

2ndFlagReplacesThe1st.jpg

2ndFlagRaising.jpg

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Walt's Daughter - 02-23-2017

Gosh, isn't it great to be back. Having the forum down for a few days in regards to upgrade, really made me appreciate what we have!

:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Walt's Daughter said:

Gosh, isn't it great to be back. Having the forum down for a few days in regards to upgrade, really made me appreciate what we have!

:rolleyes:

What she said!  :)

Okay, refresh your browser and let me know what you think of the INITIAL color scheme. Will play around with it more over the next several days. 

I like it.  Very earthy with good color combinations.  Maybe a shade or two of green added to the browns may be wort a look.  Great job with your upgrade, Marion!

Thanks, oh yes, splashes of army green. Great minds think alike.

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - buk2112 - 02-27-2017

On 2/22/2017 at 2:52 PM, sirgator said:

I haven't said this enough recently, but Randy Clark (aka Buk2112) is one heck of a guy! He'll selflessly help anyone with anything and the world would surely be a much better place if there we many more like him! Just my two cents worth... :)

Gary

Wow Gary, that's some pretty high praise there. Not sure if I'm worthy of all that but thanks for the thought!

Randy