Forums
292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous Topics (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself! (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: 292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) (/showthread.php?tid=2447)

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Sir Gator - 01-19-2017

Looks good. Thought about putting "In memory of" on it?

Thank you, sir, for the input! Here's an adjusted version.

Gary

post-2431-0-89396000-1484923282_thumb.jpg

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Walt's Daughter - 01-20-2017

That is beautiful! And I love Todd's input.

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Sir Gator - 01-20-2017

That is beautiful! And I love Todd's input.

Marion's opinion is always good enough for me! :) Thanks so much for taking a look.

Gary

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Sir Gator - 01-20-2017

Folks,

Any of you 292 aficionados who want one of these signature graphics just let me know and I'll personalize one for you. On a selected basis and within the time constraints of life I may be able to do one for others, also. As an example, here's one for our good buddy Randy (aka buk2112).

Knowledge is power folks so let's keep talkin' about anything and everything to further the cause of documenting these great men! :)

Gary

post-2431-0-74643100-1484924264_thumb.jpg

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Walt's Daughter - 01-21-2017

I like the way you think. As you know, this is my goal - we have to keep this going. Recently was talking to some peeps who stated that once the veterans are gone, they no longer wish to have reunions and stated that no one would go anymore. Well, don't speak for me, for I plan to carry on the tradition if others are still interested. There may not be separate reunions for each unit (simply not feasible), but if you guys have read about my idea, I would like to have a VI Corps Reunion, or simply a WWII Engineer's Reunion, so we can meet, exchange ideas and keep their history alive.

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Walt's Daughter - 01-21-2017

And hey Gary, if I could get you to do one for my father, that would simply rock. Let me know.

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - buk2112 - 02-21-2017

Hello Y'all,

Sorry for the absence from here as of late. Between the holidays we moved and that really complicated most things in my life. But getting back on track now.

Over the last few months, I've been emailing a member of the 292nd whom I nearly accidentally found online. To be 95, his computer skills are impressive. He was a lieutenant, a recon officer in H&S company. I've begun to run out of questions and thought I would solicit some specific queries from y'all. I've invited him to join us here, but haven't seen him do that yet in several months of conversations so far. Fingers crossed though. Thanks for any ideas, And Thanks to Gary for keeping me on task in this effort.

SaM

This is great, hopefully he will decide to join us here. Did you try sending him a link to the tread so he can first just browse and then if he feels comfortable he might join in?

Randy

Thank you, sir, for the input! Here's an adjusted version.

Gary

Nice job Gary, well done!

Randy

Folks,

Any of you 292 aficionados who want one of these signature graphics just let me know and I'll personalize one for you. On a selected basis and within the time constraints of life I may be able to do one for others, also. As an example, here's one for our good buddy Randy (aka buk2112).

Knowledge is power folks so let's keep talkin' about anything and everything to further the cause of documenting these great men! :)

Gary

Thanks Gary, this is very thoughtful and considerate of you.

Randy

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Sir Gator - 02-21-2017

This is great, hopefully he will decide to join us here. Did you try sending him a link to the tread so he can first just browse and then if he feels comfortable he might join in?

Randy

I have worked with Sam a bit on this and we are trying to take it slow with him, but not too slow due to his age. After initial skepticism, I have verified what Sam has provided me which this man has sent him and everything checked out. This guy is legit and I sure hope we can here all he has to know about his service.

Gary