Forums
292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous Topics (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself! (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: 292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) (/showthread.php?tid=2447)

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - shurlox - 10-03-2016

Hello Martha,

Here is a link to another thread on this forum discussing the 292nd Campaign Map.

http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/engforum/index.php?showtopic=7813&hl=

If your family does not have one of these maps I would be glad to send you one.

Randy

Randy;

I would love to have the map!!! Thank you so much. Do you have a direct email I can send you my address information and of course any cost involved I will happily pay.

I am curious concerning the map it indicates that it is Co "C" , was Co "A" involved in the same campaign..did the companies "A" "B" "C" etc of the 292nd stick together through out?

Regards,

Martha

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Jeweler - 10-03-2016

Martha, If you're referring to the label of the map that says "292 Engineer ("C") Battalion," that's the official designation, 292nd Engineer Combat Battalion. It doesn't stand for Company C in that case. As far as I know, all the companies were involved in the same campaigns and battles, although they did have differing duties during, for example, the Roer River crossings. They were all there, rotating duties.

Hope this helps,

Pete Belmonte

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - buk2112 - 10-03-2016

Martha, If you're referring to the label of the map that says "292 Engineer ("C") Battalion," that's the official designation, 292nd Engineer Combat Battalion. It doesn't stand for Company C in that case. As far as I know, all the companies were involved in the same campaigns and battles, although they did have differing duties during, for example, the Roer River crossings. They were all there, rotating duties.

Hope this helps,

Pete Belmonte

Hi Martha,

Pete is correct, the map represents the movements of all the companies of the 292nd. As Pete has stated the companies at times were working on separate tasks but the battalion as a whole were apart of the same campaigns and battles. You can use the 292nd timeline I previously posted for you to see the dates for the movements shown in the map. We have been funneling a great many documents gathered from the National Archives and other sources to Gary who is going to digitize them for everyone to easily reference. Once this project is complete you will be able to read in much detail about the daily activities of Company A as well as the rest of the 292nd companies. Stick around and I guarantee you will learn a lot.

Randy

Randy;

I would love to have the map!!! Thank you so much. Do you have a direct email I can send you my address information and of course any cost involved I will happily pay.

I am curious concerning the map it indicates that it is Co "C" , was Co "A" involved in the same campaign..did the companies "A" "B" "C" etc of the 292nd stick together through out?

Regards,

Martha

Martha, the forum has a private message system that members can use to communicate with each other without others from seeing. I am going to send you a private message, you can reply with your address and I will be glad to send you one of the 292nd campaign maps. If you look at the top right of the page close to your username you will see an envelope icon, this is where you click on to see private messages. When you have been sent a private message, a red tab will appear above the envelope icon with a number in it to show the number of private messages you have received. I already have several copies of the 292nd campaign maps on hand and get one out to you right away.

Randy

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Sir Gator - 10-03-2016

Martha, the forum has a private message system that members can use to communicate with each other without others from seeing. I am going to send you a private message, you can reply with your address and I will be glad to send you one of the 292nd campaign maps. If you look at the top right of the page close to your username you will see an envelope icon, this is where you click on to see private messages. When you have been sent a private message, a red tab will appear above the envelope icon with a number in it to show the number of private messages you have received. I already have several copies of the 292nd campaign maps on hand and get one out to you right away.

Randy

The map man striketh again! :)

The map man striketh again! :)

Yeah, it's how I roll! ;)

Got a hold of the Camp Butner Society folks on the phone today, to hash out the details about where and to whom to send the copy of the Company C panoramic I wish to donate.. Will be dropping that in the mail tomorrow for them. It should make a nice companion piece next to the Company A photo that Lisa graciously donated. Hopefully the photos for the two other companies can be located some day, it would be nice to have the entire 292nd ECB photographically represented in the museum.

Randy

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Sir Gator - 10-04-2016

Got a hold of the Camp Butner Society folks on the phone today, to hash out the details about where and to whom to send the copy of the Company C panoramic I wish to donate.. Will be dropping that in the mail tomorrow for them. It should make a nice companion piece next to the Company A photo that Lisa graciously donated. Hopefully the photos for the two other companies can be located some day, it would be nice to have the entire 292nd ECB photographically represented in the museum.

Randy

Great job, Randy! This is the way to spread the wealth! Let me know if you need any assistance in getting the image distributed and when you are ready we'll get it done. Onward and upward, my friend! :)

Gary

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Sir Gator - 10-05-2016

Coming to a WW2 forum near you... a high res image of Company C, 292nd CEB by none other that your resident "I see no person that I will not assist" member, Randy Clark!!!

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - buk2112 - 10-05-2016

Coming to a WW2 forum near you... a high res image of Company C, 292nd CEB by none other that your resident "I see no person that I will not assist" member, Randy Clark!!!

Wow, quite the introduction there Gary, thank ya, thank ya very much (apologies to Elvis) ! So without further adieu, here is the link to the high resolution Company C photo.

https://goo.gl/photos/WYaUGzi8hjpF78aA7

I was most pleased with the quality and feel everyone here will be too. I got a hard copy of the photo off in the mail to the Camp Butner Museum yesterday, soon it will hang next to the Company A photo there. There is no arrangement with the print shop that I used like there was with Hampton House and the Company A photo. You are free to download the image and take it to your local shop for printing. If for some reason you are unable to do this but want a printed copy I can have one made and mail it to you. The cost for this would be $19.99 for the print, $5.00 for shipping, just let me know. Have a good day everybody!

Randy