Forums
292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous Topics (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself! (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: 292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) (/showthread.php?tid=2447)

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - rwrich51 - 06-26-2016

This is fantastic Ralph, I sure hope Ms. Benson will join us in the discussions here. Now that we have her father's name, I see that it is listed on the Company A marching party list that I have previously posted on this forum. Another Company A man, another piece of the puzzle put into place, wow! She may find the Company A photo of particular interest and hopefully she can identify her father in it. Here is that list again, I have circled his name.

attachicon.gifIMG.jpg

Have a good one my friends!

Randy

I got an e-mail from Mrs Benson saying her father was in A company.But Randy had already determined that, Good job there Randy. I have told her of the A Company picture, She also said she would take a look at this site so hopefully she will join in......Ralph

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - rwrich51 - 06-26-2016

I don't think so Gary, as you can see she never mentions her fathers name or company. As I recall I don't believe Ralph knew either, but I'm sure he will check in and tell us.

Here is another neat story, written by 292nd member Henry T. Smith (company unknown). This story appeared in the August 2011 edition of a magazine titled "America In WWII". This item also came from Ralph, enjoy.

attachicon.gifIMG.jpg attachicon.gifIMG_0001.jpg

Have a good one,

Randy

Randy Henry T Smith was in A-Company, His name is on the marching party you posted along with Francis Barton's name, Its on the left side 6th from the bottom...Ralph

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - buk2112 - 06-26-2016

Randy Henry T Smith was in A-Company, His name is on the marching party you posted along with Francis Barton's name, Its on the left side 6th from the bottom...Ralph

Good eye Ralph! I missed that one.

Randy

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Sir Gator - 06-26-2016

It's a pleasure to be associated with you guys! Onward and upward in digging up those important historical nuggets! :)

Gary

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - buk2112 - 06-27-2016

post-2432-0-19403300-1467051492_thumb.jpg post-2432-0-82850700-1467051541_thumb.jpg

Hello everyone. Wanted to share with you today these two photographs and a story behind them. The soldier on the left is my grandfather, Arthur Clark, posing with his Thompson. The date and location of the picture are not recorded. Ralph saw this photo right after we first made contact and immediately recognized it as one similar his father had in his collection. He sent me an image of this photo which is the one you see here on the right, the soldier's name is unknown, date and location are not recorded. Looking at the background it is obvious they were taken around the same time. It was a neat moment when Ralph shared this with me. Have a good one everybody.

Randy

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Walt's Daughter - 06-28-2016

Incredible. Same building!

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Sir Gator - 06-28-2016

attachicon.gifIMG.jpg attachicon.gifIMG_0002.jpg

Hello everyone. Wanted to share with you today these two photographs and a story behind them. The soldier on the left is my grandfather, Arthur Clark, posing with his Thompson. The date and location of the picture are not recorded. Ralph saw this photo right after we first made contact and immediately recognized it as one similar his father had in his collection. He sent me an image of this photo which is the one you see here on the right, the soldier's name is unknown, date and location are not recorded. Looking at the background it is obvious they were taken around the same time. It was a neat moment when Ralph shared this with me. Have a good one everybody.

Randy

How great is that?!!! Sam sent me copies of the photos that he scanned and there are 227 fantastic shots with possibly more to come! Thanks to all of you for your time and efforts as we continue to gather up each and every morsel of information (documents, photos, etc.) for the 292nd. Hats off to you, good friends!

Gary

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - glen blasingim - 06-28-2016

I just wanted to say how much I appreciate these posts about the 292nd Combat Engineer Battalion. From the beginning this is very interesting and enjoyable for me. The photographs of Arthur Clark and the soldier whose name is not known are amazing. The light in the photographs is different but that could just be due to how the prints aged, but the shadows, especially the chimney on the roof, makes me think that these men could have taken each others photograph. These got my attention because I have a couple of photographs of men from the 160 ECB posed with a Thompson, quite the machine in those days. Thanks.

Glen Blasingim

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Sir Gator - 06-28-2016

I just wanted to say how much I appreciate these posts about the 292nd Combat Engineer Battalion. From the beginning this is very interesting and enjoyable for me. The photographs of Arthur Clark and the soldier whose name is not known are amazing. The light in the photographs is different but that could just be due to how the prints aged, but the shadows, especially the chimney on the roof, makes me think that these men could have taken each others photograph. These got my attention because I have a couple of photographs of men from the 160 ECB posed with a Thompson, quite the machine in those days. Thanks.

Glen Blasingim

Glen,

Glad you chimed in. We are all brethren at heart trying to honor these great men as much as we can. Please don't feel reluctant ot hime in with any comments or suggestions... they will always be appreciated. Keep up the fight, my friend, and also the search for those historical "nuggets". :)

Gary

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - buk2112 - 06-29-2016

Glen Blasingim

post-2432-0-63288900-1467205668_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the kind words Glen. Your thread on the 160th ECB is most impressive, your father's personal recollections are fascinating reading. Keep up the good work my friend! I thought you made a great observation about the shadows in the photos I had posted, that was something I hadn't noticed, thanks for pointing that out. There was a second shot of my grandfather in this same location that I have posted above. Wished the location would have been written on the back, would have been nice to know. Have a good one,

Randy