Forums
292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous Topics (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself! (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: 292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) (/showthread.php?tid=2447)

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - buk2112 - 06-23-2016

Hello everyone,

Ralph shared this with me a few years back. It is a short story written by a Linda Henson whose father was a member of the 292nd. Do not know where Ralph said that he came across it, but I'm sure you'll agree it is a touching story.

post-2432-0-24455400-1466702074_thumb.jpg post-2432-0-29731000-1466702100_thumb.jpg

Have a good one,

Randy

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Sir Gator - 06-23-2016

Hello everyone,

Ralph shared this with me a few years back. It is a short story written by a Linda Henson whose father was a member of the 292nd. Do not know where Ralph said that he came across it, but I'm sure you'll agree it is a touching story.

attachicon.gifIMG.jpg attachicon.gifIMG_0001.jpg

Have a good one,

Randy

Randy,

What a great story! Thanks so much for sharing it with all of us. Do we know anything else about Linda's Dad and his service in the 292nd? Maybe Ralph can chime in on this?

Gary

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Walt's Daughter - 06-24-2016

Hello everyone,

Oh what a beautiful story. That one will stick with me forever.

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - buk2112 - 06-24-2016

Randy,

What a great story! Thanks so much for sharing it with all of us. Do we know anything else about Linda's Dad and his service in the 292nd? Maybe Ralph can chime in on this?

Gary

I don't think so Gary, as you can see she never mentions her fathers name or company. As I recall I don't believe Ralph knew either, but I'm sure he will check in and tell us.

Here is another neat story, written by 292nd member Henry T. Smith (company unknown). This story appeared in the August 2011 edition of a magazine titled "America In WWII". This item also came from Ralph, enjoy.

post-2432-0-92466500-1466791249_thumb.jpg post-2432-0-88376500-1466791280_thumb.jpg

Have a good one,

Randy

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Sir Gator - 06-24-2016

Randy,

You and Ralph are the best! Thanks so much for sharing with us. These are just the kind of stories we need to gather and that get are blood pumpin'! Here's a link in PDF format to the story referenced in a Dec 2014 article of the same magazine.

https://www.womensinformationnetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/AMERICA-IN-WWII-War-Stories-Dec2014.pdf

Later, my friends!

Gary

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - rwrich51 - 06-24-2016

Hello everyone,

attachicon.gifIMG.jpg attachicon.gifIMG_0001.jpg

Have a good one,

Randy

I don't remember where I came across this story like a lot of ofther things I don't remember as i get older,, But I have as of today been in contact by e-mail with Linda Benson the lady who wrote this about her father, I have told her of our little group here so may be she will drop in.. Hope so......Ralph

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Sir Gator - 06-24-2016

Ralph,

That would be great! If by chance she can't join our group would she be willing to tell you as much as possible about her father and any other stories that she knows?

This is great news, my friend!

Gary

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - rwrich51 - 06-25-2016

Ralph,

That would be great! If by chance she can't join our group would she be willing to tell you as much as possible about her father and any other stories that she knows?

This is great news, my friend!

Gary

I forgot to mention her fathers name !!! His name was Francis Barton , not sure what company yet, she said she would be away for the weekend and would try to get more information next week......Ralph

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - buk2112 - 06-25-2016

I forgot to mention her fathers name !!! His name was Francis Barton , not sure what company yet, she said she would be away for the weekend and would try to get more information next week......Ralph

This is fantastic Ralph, I sure hope Ms. Benson will join us in the discussions here. Now that we have her father's name, I see that it is listed on the Company A marching party list that I have previously posted on this forum. Another Company A man, another piece of the puzzle put into place, wow! She may find the Company A photo of particular interest and hopefully she can identify her father in it. Here is that list again, I have circled his name.

post-2432-0-68512200-1466836454_thumb.jpg

Have a good one my friends!

Randy

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Sir Gator - 06-25-2016

I echo Randy with his sentiments! This is great news with one more small piece of info starting to fall into place. Thanks, Randy, for finding that Mr Barton was in Company A! I'd love to get him Identified on the Company photo if possible. We'll keep out fingers crossed that Linda will join us and enrich our discussion. :)

Later, folks!

Gary