Forums
292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous Topics (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself! (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: 292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) (/showthread.php?tid=2447)

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Sir Gator - 06-17-2016

Gary,

I am going to have a couple of weeks off from work beginning June 29th, in this time period I plan to complete the copying of the NARA documents I have and get them sent to you for scanning. I'm looking forward to getting the documents digitized for our 292nd "family" here which I know they will appreciate and I am hopeful will promote much discussion. Keep up the good work my friend,

Randy

Randy,

That's great timing as I will have some significant time around that time and thereafter to get those files put into digital format for all to get copies of. The discussions can then continue on so many details in so many more directions. In the meantime, here's a bit of pre-292nd nostalgia... I scanned a postcard that my grandmother had in her possession when she passed on a few years back of my grandfathers basic training unit at Fort Sheridan. She, of course, wanted to be sure that any and all who saw it realized where her husband was in the photo and marked him with a circle and arrow. Ahhh, Gram... a cardinal sin, but one that could be understood! :)

See ya, my good Missouri friend,

Gary

post-2431-0-53792300-1466168776_thumb.jpg

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Jeweler - 06-17-2016

Gary and Randy,

I have a stack of National Archives documents relating to the 292nd -- daily reports for the time of the Roer River crossing. I'd like to send them to you, Gary, for scanning. It's quite a stack. I don't know what Randy is sending to you, maybe it's the same stuff?

Is there a way for you to relay your mailing address Gary?

Pete

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Sir Gator - 06-17-2016

Gary and Randy,

I have a stack of National Archives documents relating to the 292nd -- daily reports for the time of the Roer River crossing. I'd like to send them to you, Gary, for scanning. It's quite a stack. I don't know what Randy is sending to you, maybe it's the same stuff?

Is there a way for you to relay your mailing address Gary?

Pete

Pete,

By all means! Between what Randy is sending and what you are sending we should have quite a collection. There may be duplicates, but you never know. I'll message you with my mailing address and then get right onto scanning, my friend!

Gary

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Jeweler - 06-17-2016

Thanks Gary, I'll get these in the mail sometime early next week (I hope...). A lot of it consists of operations reports for the 1149th Engineer Combat Group, detailing the duties of each of the units. Interesting stuff relating to the combat period in February.

Pete

(I also sent this message to you via private messenger.)

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - rwrich51 - 06-17-2016

Ralph my friend,

Just wanted to let you know that me and the family are going to be in Branson again on July 10th,11th, and 12th. If you are available on any of these days I would love for us to get together again for coffee or a meal. I plan on bringing a number of items of interest with me if this time frame suits you, just let me know.

Randy

Hey , Randy.... I will be looking forward to seeing you again. My wife and I will be heading to New Orleans June 30th to to the WW2 museum , from there to Orange Beach AL. We plan to be back in Mo on the 10th so can get togather on the 11th or 12th. I'll give you a call soon....Ralph

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - buk2112 - 06-17-2016

Hey , Randy.... I will be looking forward to seeing you again. My wife and I will be heading to New Orleans June 30th to to the WW2 museum , from there to Orange Beach AL. We plan to be back in Mo on the 10th so can get togather on the 11th or 12th. I'll give you a call soon....Ralph

Sounds great Ralph. I'm jealous, visiting the WW2 museum is definitely on my to do list, hopefully I can get around to it in the next couple of years. Look forward to you telling me all about your trip. I know you purchased a commemorative brick for your dad at the museum, be sure to bring of a picture of that. Talk to you soon,

Randy

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - buk2112 - 06-18-2016

Thanks Gary, I'll get these in the mail sometime early next week (I hope...). A lot of it consists of operations reports for the 1149th Engineer Combat Group, detailing the duties of each of the units. Interesting stuff relating to the combat period in February.

Pete

(I also sent this message to you via private messenger.)

Hey Pete,

Sounds to me like you may have something different there if the materials are from the engineer group. All the documents I have are from the battalion level. Excited to see what you may have.

Randy

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Sir Gator - 06-18-2016

Sounds great Ralph. I'm jealous, visiting the WW2 museum is definitely on my to do list, hopefully I can get around to it in the next couple of years. Look forward to you telling me all about your trip. I know you purchased a commemorative brick for your dad at the museum, be sure to bring of a picture of that. Talk to you soon,

Randy

Be sure that the Missouri Chapter of the "Followers of the 292nd Combat Engineers" enlighten the poor souls left behind on anything interesting that you may run across on your exploits. :) I hope you guys have a great visit and that Ralph... well, that you soak up all that the WW2 Museum has to offer. In the meantime, I'll begin and continue scanning battalion documents to see if we can get a package electronically available to any and all interested. With what you, Randy, has and will send and what Pete is going to send my way next week... well, we should have a lot of info to chew on.

Talk to you soon, Gents,

Gary

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Sir Gator - 06-18-2016

Folks,

For any of you A Company diehards that have gotten a print of the unit... can you give me a heads up of where your relative is located? For instance, my grandfather is seventh from the left in the front row (sitting). Just trying to get a handle on where others relatives are and to see if as many of the servicemen can be Identified as possible. I attached an image of the print. It's kind of crappy since it was just a simple photo and not a scan, but it might help others without a print to ID their relative.

Gary

post-2431-0-18239600-1466222761_thumb.jpg

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - buk2112 - 06-18-2016

Folks,

For any of you A Company diehards that have gotten a print of the unit... can you give me a heads up of where your relative is located? For instance, my grandfather is seventh from the left in the front row (sitting). Just trying to get a handle on where others relatives are and to see if as many of the servicemen can be Identified as possible. I attached an image of the print. It's kind of crappy since it was just a simple photo and not a scan, but it might help others without a print to ID their relative.

Gary

Gary,

My grandfather is the fifth from the left, in the back row.

Randy