Forums
292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous Topics (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself! (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: 292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) (/showthread.php?tid=2447)

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Sir Gator - 06-12-2016

Very nice Gary, Thanks for posting, Mine should be done soon and hope it looks as good as yours, I was wondering how you determined it was taken in May ? Ralph...

Hey, Ralph. Good to see you, my friend! We were very fortunate to have local merchants that we found that gave us great pricing on the framing and the plate cost. Please post a photo when yours is done so we can celebrate the 292nd in the wonderful way in which you are you are honoring them. As for the date, it was some logic with a bit of speculation since the "C" Company panoramic that Randy has was dated May 19, 1944.

Later,

Gary

Folks,

Forgive me in advance, but when a project so near and dear to your heart after so long comes to fruition better than you may have ever dreamed... well, then you kind of like to spread the wealth and hope inspiration is the result. Here they are... lined up "at attention" for inspection and distribution to family members. :)

Gary

post-2431-0-19907600-1465751959_thumb.jpg

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - rwrich51 - 06-12-2016

Gary, I had forgotten that Randy's post of the C Company photo had a date. So I would say you are right and most likely that they were taken on the same day or close to it... Ralph

Gary, I had forgotten that Randy's post of the C Company photo had a date. So I would say you are right and most likely that they were taken on the same day or close to it... Ralph

Ralph,

That was what we were thinking, also. So much so that we are comfortable in dating it to May of 1944. We don't know the day, but the month I think we can be pretty confident in. Good to here from you, my friend, and I will look forward to seeing how you and your family handles your print(s). There are so many great ways to frame and display it that I look forward to your solution. I'm sure it will be great! :)

Later,

Gary

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Walt's Daughter - 06-13-2016

Gary, it was great to see everything come to light. The framed photo looks so nice. Patience pays off, once again.

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Sir Gator - 06-13-2016

Gary, it was great to see everything come to light. The framed photo looks so nice. Patience pays off, once again.

Thanks, Marion and you are so correct... patience is a virtue, but sometimes oh, so hard. :)

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Sterling's daughter - 06-13-2016

Hi, all, this may be a repeat post. If so, I apologize for cluttering up everyone's feed.

Gary, I'm so pleased to see the prints framed and appreciated!

I tried to post a link a couple of months ago, but I don't think the post made it on for some reason. If any of you are on Facebook, the Camp Butner Society has a Facebook page. It's a non-profit working to restore Camp Butner. There are quite a few interesting photos on the site. To find it, search for Camp Butner Society. If you don't add "Society," you'll get the current National Guard post. There's a museum with limited hours. It's not far from me, so I need to just get on down the road to see it.

Lisa

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Ohioborn - 06-14-2016

Those pictures look great Gary.

Hope I can get one myself soon,

Steve

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Sir Gator - 06-15-2016

Hi, all, this may be a repeat post. If so, I apologize for cluttering up everyone's feed.

Gary, I'm so pleased to see the prints framed and appreciated!

I tried to post a link a couple of months ago, but I don't think the post made it on for some reason. If any of you are on Facebook, the Camp Butner Society has a Facebook page. It's a non-profit working to restore Camp Butner. There are quite a few interesting photos on the site. To find it, search for Camp Butner Society. If you don't add "Society," you'll get the current National Guard post. There's a museum with limited hours. It's not far from me, so I need to just get on down the road to see it.

Lisa

Thanks, Lisa, for the information. What a great society! I hope to eventually make a trip for a visit, but if you have any experiences yourself then please share. We'll have to gather together a midwestern road trip from Illinois and Missouri and head down to the "Tar Heal" state for a 292nd relatives reunion. :)

Gary

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) - Sir Gator - 06-15-2016

Those pictures look great Gary.

Hope I can get one myself soon,

Steve

Steve,

Guaranteed... you won't be disappointed with the print, my friend!

Gary