Forums
36th Combat Engineer info - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous Topics (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself! (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: 36th Combat Engineer info (/showthread.php?tid=2410)

36th Combat Engineer info - EvanLonergan - 07-07-2008

Hi all,

My name is Kelli ,I did not know my grandfather he died before I was born. I have a book that my grandfather wrote in . While serving in the war. I also have pictures I do not know if any of you are interested. He was part of the 36th engineer , he was born I Arkansas .When he was in WW11 he was married to my grandmother Gene. I hope this enough information to jog some of your memories. I have been doing research on my family history and I would love any information................Kelli

36th Combat Engineer info - Walt's Daughter - 07-08-2008

Kelli, it's great to have the granddaughter of William "Bill" Howard Van Brunt, here with us. A warm welcome.

I believe I have sent your info on to the men and their families. Have you heard from any of them? :pdt12:

Are you aware there's another 36th Engineer Reunion this year? If not, take a look in our reunion section for further info. It would be great to see you there.

Make sure you also check out the main site for more data on the 36th Engineers, including history and many photos.

36th Combat Engineer info - Jim Davis - 07-09-2008

Hi all,

My name is Kelli ,I did not know my grandfather he died before I was born. I have a book that my grandfather wrote in . While serving in the war. I also have pictures I do not know if any of you are interested. He was part of the 36th engineer , he was born I Arkansas .When he was in WW11 he was married to my grandmother Gene. I hope this enough information to jog some of your memories. I have been doing research on my family history and I would love any information................Kelli

Hello Kelli,

Looking at my lists of WW II Army Enginer units, I find two:

1. the 36th Engineer Combat Group that served in WW II in the Central European Campaigm only , did German Occupation duty and then served in all eight of th Campaigns of the Korean War.

2. the 36th Engineer Combat Regiment that served in the Campaigns of:

Algeria - French Morocco

Tunisia

Sicily

Naples - Foggia

Anzio

Rome-Arno

Southern France

Ardennes - Alsace

Rhineland

and participated in assaults (amphibious) in:

North Africa

Sicily

Salerno

Anzio

Southern France.

Think this was your Grandfather's unit.

Please let me know how far you would like to go in your research. I can supply possible sources.

From Maui, Hawaii

Aloha,

Jim

James G. Davis Member and Historian

1204th Engineer Fire Fighting Platoon

North Africa - Italy - France - Germany

World War II

36th Combat Engineer info - Walt's Daughter - 07-09-2008

Jim:

Appreciate your efforts, however please see the COMPLETE history for all the VI Corps units, including the 36th. Please check our main site for everything on the unit. All kinds of goodies! B)

I am attending the 36th's reunion for the fourth time this fall. Can't wait.

I am also producing a documentary on them, along with three other units including my dad's.

Love,

M1

36th Combat Engineer info - kpakt - 07-21-2008

Hi ,

Thanks so much for the information I really appreciate it . I was hopeing to maybe talk to someone who might have known my granfather and could tell me personal stories they might have about him. I know that there are very few soldiers left from WW11, but maybe someone knew him from Korea...........Kelli ( William Howard Van Brunts grand daughter)

36th Combat Engineer info - Walt's Daughter - 07-22-2008

Kelli:

Did you email any members of the 36th? I know they would love to talk to you. There are quite a few with email addys? If you lost the list, I can resend it.