Forums
Looking for help again! Francis J. Ryan - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew)
+-- Forum: World War II (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Forum: WWII ENGINEERS (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Looking for help again! Francis J. Ryan (/showthread.php?tid=2393)

Pages: 1 2 3

Looking for help again! Francis J. Ryan - Dan - 07-16-2008

I like the G. I. Joe sign too. My grandfather is the first on the right. He wrote names on the backside of that shot. The names are Pensegetti, Lt. Green, Bracken, Ryan (left to right). Here are a few more.

The first is labeled Mannhiem Germany.

The next two are labeled Bertchesgaden.

The next photo is labeled Lile Rausse Corsica 1944. The man in it are Ryan, Slough, Swanson.

This one is another bridge for the fans. It is labeled Danube River, Ulm Germany 1945.

Last photo is another of my grandfather Tec. 5 Francis J Ryan.

Hope you enjoy these.

Dan

post-537-1216177903_thumb.jpg

post-537-1216178087_thumb.jpg

post-537-1216178137_thumb.jpg

post-537-1216178196_thumb.jpg

post-537-1216178332_thumb.jpg

post-537-1216178504_thumb.jpg

Looking for help again! Francis J. Ryan - Walt's Daughter - 07-16-2008

Dan:

It wasn't until about a year or so ago, when I realized the 540th were at Berchtesgaden too! I happen to be reading a binder, that a 540th member had put together, and saw some photos of it. He talked about the 540th being there, and I went wow, I never knew that. I keep learning new things all the time.

I'm glad you included the names too. You never know who will type in Slough and engineer, and be brought to your post.

Looking for help again! Francis J. Ryan - CaptO - 07-16-2008

Thanks for the photos Dan. One who is interested in WWII ends up seeing many of the same in book after book. And considering the countless pictures documenting WWII, you wonder why we see the same ones over and over. Percentagewise, it seems like only a tiny fraction actually gets into the WWII photo "in crowd". Point being, it great to see "fresh" photos!

Here is another picture from Berchtesgaden. It was one of my grandfather's (don't think it was him, however) linked from the main VI Corps Engineers site.

Hitler

Looking for help again! Francis J. Ryan - roque_riojas - 07-16-2008

Can't resist having a little fun.

The pics. above shows Engineers,( I presume),dressed up or comming

out of G.I.Joes joint. Didn't see no weapons. They all looked well fed.

Hmmm, I wuz inna wrong outfit. Rocky--- :armata_PDT_19:

Looking for help again! Francis J. Ryan - Walt's Daughter - 07-16-2008

:pdt12:

Looking for help again! Francis J. Ryan - Dan - 07-18-2008

I guess my grandfather was lucky to not have a weapon on in that shot. Here is a photo of him standing by what he labeled as "Beautiful Blue Danube" and he does have a rifle on his shoulder. He did receive a marksman badge for the rifle that I remember playing with when I was younger. As I was looking through the website I came across the story of Armonde Casagrande and I remembered a photo labeled 343rd Engineer Regiment, Mainz, Germany 1945 which I also posted. As I read through I see that Col. Dunbar was in command of the 343rd and that is the name on the bridge photos I posted earlier. Maybe someone can pass these photo on to him.

post-537-1216350623_thumb.jpg

post-537-1216350946_thumb.jpg

Looking for help again! Francis J. Ryan - roque_riojas - 07-18-2008

I guess my grandfather was lucky to not have a weapon on in that shot. Here is a photo of him standing by what he labeled as "Beautiful Blue Danube" and he does have a rifle on his shoulder. He did receive a marksman badge for the rifle that I remember playing with when I was younger. As I was looking through the website I came across the story of Armonde Casagrande and I remembered a photo labeled 343rd Engineer Regiment, Mainz, Germany 1945 which I also posted. As I read through I see that Col. Dunbar was in command of the 343rd and that is the name on the bridge photos I posted earlier. Maybe someone can pass these photo on to him.

NO FURTHER COMMENT FROM THIS DOG ---------:armata_PDT_23: FACE

Looking for help again! Francis J. Ryan - Walt's Daughter - 07-18-2008

I will let Armonde know about this. I'll send him this link.

Looking for help again! Francis J. Ryan - Dan - 03-15-2009

My father has found a few more papers in a box in the attic that has the names of the soldiers on the photos I posted. Any of the names sound familiar to anybody?

1st LT Abram L. Greene

T Sgt Henry O. Perseghetti

S Sgt William H. Slough

Tec 5 Francis J. Ryan

Tec 5 David O. Swanson

Cpl William N. Bracken

These papers were dated Sept. 1944 and March 1945 from Headquarters 1175th engineer Combat Group and 74th AAA Gun Battalion so ranks may have changed again but I though I would add them in case they rang a bell with anyone.

Dan

Looking for help again! Francis J. Ryan - Walt's Daughter - 03-15-2009

That is great news. Let's see what happens.