Forums
Documentary - No Bridge Too Far - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew)
+-- Forum: NO BRIDGE TOO FAR - The documentary and more... (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+--- Forum: Published articles and more (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Thread: Documentary - No Bridge Too Far (/showthread.php?tid=2111)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Documentary - No Bridge Too Far - Dogdaddy - 07-17-2010

Hi M1- I figured this would happen and that's why I decided to wait until all 4 parts are completed and you have some "free time" before pestering you for an autograph.

Documentary - No Bridge Too Far - ColBill - 07-17-2010

Marion,

I am sorry to hear others have had a problem ordering the part one DVDs . I ordered on the day I got your email and received my copies yesterday (about a week).

Tillie and I saw the first part last night and will finish the second DVD tonight .

We were both very impressed with your publication and all the content . She was most excited to see the commentary about her father (Major Lester C. O'Neal )early in the presentation.She also remembered some of the scenes of Camp Bowie. She visited her father there shortly before the 39th was deployed to N. Africa .We are most thankful to you for all the work you have done to publish this presentation and look forward to seeing the other parts.

Bill

Documentary - No Bridge Too Far - Walt's Daughter - 07-17-2010

Dear Bill:

Here's thanks to you and Tillie for taking part in the production by providing me with material. I will be forever indebted by the generosity of so many, who took the time to share the history of their loved ones.

I am certainly delighted to hear you are enjoying No Bridge Too Far, and look forward to sharing more with you and Tille and everyone else, in the near future.

Warmly,

Marion

Marion,

While we were looking at the DVD last night I remembered having edited some comments from some of Dr. O'Neal's letters to his mother .These were sent to Susan Bohdan(susanjane) for her research about the medical services in Sicily were her father had served .

You or others may be interested in these comments/ quotations made by Dr. O'Neal at that time .I wish I had sent them earlier to be included in the documentary .

I will attempt to send a copy as an attachment to this post . If it doesn't come through correctly, I will email it to you separately. You may use them in any way you wish .

Bill

Marion,

While we were looking at the DVD last night I remembered having edited some comments from some of Dr. O'Neal's letters to his mother .These were sent to Susan Bohdan(susanjane) for her research about the medical services in Sicily were her father had served .

You or others may be interested in these comments/ quotations made by Dr. O'Neal at that time .I wish I had sent them earlier to be included in the documentary .

I will attempt to send a copy as an attachment to this post . If it doesn't come through correctly, I will email it to you separately. You may use them in any way you wish .

Bill

LCO_LTRS_SICILY.doc

Documentary - No Bridge Too Far - Walt's Daughter - 07-17-2010

This is timely and yes, I can still use it for the documentary. YEAH!!!

Documentary - No Bridge Too Far - colinhotham - 07-18-2010

Hi M1,

I have ordered the DVD through Amazon and now sit here on the other side of the pond with fingers crossed!

Btw I hope all the good folks on here will be putting 10th July 2013 in their diaries as I'm trying to raise the profile of the 70th anniversary of Op Husky. With all the concentration on D Day, Dunkirk, et al, this important campaign tends to be forgotten!

Colin. :pdt34:

Documentary - No Bridge Too Far - Walt's Daughter - 07-18-2010

Yes, that is a good cause. We need to start pushing these remembrance dates to the public, or else they will slip away into obscurity.

Let me know when the disks arrive.

M1

I placed my DVD for rent in our store this afternoon. This way people can view it anytime without having to purchase. And if they wish to purchase for themselves or someone else, I placed a note inside informing them how to place an order.

I guess people have been inquiring, so why not!

Cool!

:director2:

I also just added a preview to the to the CreateSpace site. This way anyone will be able to see the Intro to the documentary. I think this may help sales too. Glad they have this feature.

https://www.createspace.com/Preview/1070330

This does require a Quicktime download, if you do not have it already installed on your computer.

Oh, if anyone DID place an order via me, I would appreciate a note if you DO NOT receive your disk within a week or two. This will help me make sure I did get them out to the right individuals.

Thanks,

Marion