Forums
Documentary - No Bridge Too Far - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew)
+-- Forum: NO BRIDGE TOO FAR - The documentary and more... (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+--- Forum: Published articles and more (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Thread: Documentary - No Bridge Too Far (/showthread.php?tid=2111)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Documentary - No Bridge Too Far - Walt's Daughter - 05-13-2010

Went through chapters one and two (PART ONE), and have completed all the re-do's for the voice-overs, using the professional microphone. Big difference. Not only does it sound better, but I've taken the time to listen to every segment (diligently), and make little changes to make them even better.

I just finished the last vocal this morning, and am now ready to work on the final credits, which will appear at the end of the production. I hope to have this complete within the next couple of days.

I am also going to work on the art work for the DVD disk and case, so I can send it to the publisher.

We are getting down to the final few hours of prep, and...

I am very, very pleased and excited about the prospects. Stay tuned for last minute announcements and availability for purchase.

It sure has been learning experience, as I have had to teach myself everything from A to Z about documentary production. It's been a long haul, but I now have everything under my belt and will be ready to tackle the rest of the documentary, with a vengeance.

Now that the learning curve has been mastered, I can concentrate on content and not worry about what software I am going to use, how to create the best mix, where I am going to get the next voice-over talent, etc.

Have to run right now, for I have to get back to work in the store for another hour or so, then back to work on the documentary.

I know many have kind of given up on me, but I can't blame them, for it's been a long time in the making. I can tell that it's happened, for hardly anyone pays attention to the posts regarding my progress (or lack thereof), but I have several who have stuck by me and have written or called to keep up my morale, when I really needed it. I can't thank you enough, for I have certainly had my ups and downs, and needed friends.

M1

Documentary - No Bridge Too Far - roque_riojas - 05-13-2010

I FOR ONE AM STILL 1000% BEHIND YOUR EFFORTS DAMN THE TORPEDOS, FULL SPEED AHEAD !!!!!!!!!!!

JUSTANOLDDOGFACESAIDIT >>>

Documentary - No Bridge Too Far - Walt's Daughter - 05-13-2010

Ah, Rocky, you are definitely one of the people who have been one of my most staunch supporters. You have ALWAYS been there for me through thick and thin, and I thank you for it. If it weren't for you, this topic would be one lonely spot for me.

Much love and many thanks. It means A LOT!!!!

:huggybears:

Documentary - No Bridge Too Far - chambers - 05-13-2010

Great news Marion! I know you worked long and hard.

((Hugs))

Documentary - No Bridge Too Far - Walt's Daughter - 05-14-2010

Thanks Brooke! I can feel da love! :huggybears:

Documentary - No Bridge Too Far - ColBill - 05-14-2010

Marion,

Thanks for all of your hard work for us .I hope you are over the worst hurdles now .This was a momumental task but will certainly find a prominate place in WWII history.

BILL

Documentary - No Bridge Too Far - ColBill - 05-14-2010

Excuse my spelling error PROMINENT,not PROMINATE !!!

I should have used preview post

Documentary - No Bridge Too Far - Walt's Daughter - 05-14-2010

Dear Bill:

Thank you for your POST. Sometimes it gets awfully lonely out here, and....

Ya, monumental is RIGHT. I knew it would be tough, but it was much more than that. Is is worth it? You bet! But I really had no idea just how tough it would be. There were times when I would be in tears, losing sleep and wondering how I was going to jump over all those hurdles. When I would get depressed, my hubby would remind me how far I had come and what a great job I was doing. He'd say, you are going to give Ken Burns competition. Then he'd remind me and and point out, you don't even have assistants and look at what you are accomplishing on your own :armata_PDT_01:

When things get heavy and seem insurmountable, I think of all the stories all my vets have shared with me, and all the sacrifices they made during the war. It really does put things into perspective. I keep repeating, NO BRIDGE TOO FAR, NO BRIDGE TOO FAR. You can DO this, kiddo!

Thanks again for your time and comments. It really helps to have someone to talk to.

:huggybears:

Marion,

Thanks for all of your hard work for us .I hope you are over the worst hurdles now .This was a momumental task but will certainly find a prominate place in WWII history.

BILL

Documentary - No Bridge Too Far - Walt's Daughter - 05-15-2010

Almost done with the rolling credits this morning, and waiting for more insurance quotes to roll in.

I about fell off my chair when the first one arrived in my inbox last night; $2500.00! Ya, you read that right. I wrote back to the agent and said, I simply can't afford that. He totally understood and said many independent film-makers are in the same boat; they can't afford insurance bills when they simply don't have any revenue!!

So, I will wait a few days and see what the other quotes divulge, but I'm sure they won't vary that much?!

It will probably come down to foregoing insurance at this point in time, and maybe trying to pick it up in the future. But, as you can see, it will also leave me wide open for lawsuits. Odds are it will not happen, but in our litigious society, you just never know.

I will keep everyone posted. Damn, it's ALWAYS something... :banghead:

Documentary - No Bridge Too Far - Walt's Daughter - 05-15-2010

Just when I thought I was mere hours away from wrapping up my project, I now find I was given erroneous information regarding PUBLIC DOMAIN music. It appears if I wish to use ANY WWII music in my documentary, I must contact EACH publisher. So I have now spent the good part of yesterday and today, hunting down the publishers for each tune appearing in chapters one and two. While it is a royal pain in the arse, it's not what bothers me the most. It is now the fear of amassing even more expenses.

I am truly hoping these publishers are willing to work with an independent and just about broke producer. I guess only time will tell. I sent out four letters yesterday and will now have to send out another dozen or so this weekend.

I think I need a beer or two.