Forums
Documentary - No Bridge Too Far - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew)
+-- Forum: NO BRIDGE TOO FAR - The documentary and more... (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+--- Forum: Published articles and more (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Thread: Documentary - No Bridge Too Far (/showthread.php?tid=2111)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Documentary - No Bridge Too Far - CaptO - 12-15-2009

Dear Mrs. Marion Chard,

My name is Dave Ulbrich, and I work in the History Office at the U.S.

Army Engineer School at Ft. Leonard Wood.

How great is this, huh? I'm so happy that the right people are getting the word!

Documentary - No Bridge Too Far - Walt's Daughter - 12-15-2009

I spent about 25 minutes on the phone with him yesterday, and was so inspired when I hung up. Amongst the topics were acquiring an underwriter, for without this, my project is as good as dead, no matter how hard I try. Comes to a point when you gotta have BIG BUCKS coming in, or it will merely sit on my desktop and gather dust.

I also spoke with a gentleman named Scott Foco last night, and he gave me the big scoop on getting started with public television, etc. Once again it comes down to thousands and thousands of dollars just to get it going. We are talking closed captioning costs, transferring to several types of media costs, insurance, uplink fees, etc., etc....

But at least now I have some idea of what to expect, and am grateful to both Scott and Dave for providing some guidance.

But, I'm sad to say I haven't heard a word in almost three weeks, regarding my inquiry into voice-overs, so it looks like I will have to put the project on hold until I can get financial backing. I think the only way to go is to find a professional voice-over company to help me out. It is what it is.

I have several companies in mind and will begin contacting them today to get a cost estimate.

Documentary - No Bridge Too Far - Walt's Daughter - 12-15-2009

Well just sent out my first letter to a voice-over company, so will keep you posted.

Documentary - No Bridge Too Far - Walt's Daughter - 12-16-2009

A very nice and wonderful thing transpired yesterday; Dave Ulbrich contacted a local PBS station on my behalf, by sending them a letter of introduction, along with some of my materials. Dave, I can't thank you enough for all your time and assistance. A million thanks!

WIPB-TV is located at Ball State University, where Dave was employed.

Documentary - No Bridge Too Far - Walt's Daughter - 12-16-2009

Just sent another voice-over inquiry:

http://www.affordablevoicetalent.com/index.html

Documentary - No Bridge Too Far - Walt's Daughter - 12-22-2009

When Bill Munson- 1108th Eng, received my newsletter, he sent a reply to me, and at the bottom of the letter, he placed this image. Oh how that made me smile. Yup Bill, this is the way I feel sometimes, and it will serve as an inspiration, for it now hangs on my wall. That really made my day!!!

Love ya,

Marion

post-2-1261487284_thumb.gif

Documentary - No Bridge Too Far - Walt's Daughter - 01-30-2010

Another snippet for your perusal.

Chapter Three Intro (Sicily)

Documentary - No Bridge Too Far - Walt's Daughter - 02-05-2010

Got some very helpful information from Prof Dave Ulbrich, Fort Leonard Wood, who put me in touch with Lori Georgi Membership & Outreach Manager (PBS) at WIPB-TV, Ball State University. She in turn gave me several links regarding PBS requirements, and told me my best bet was to apply to PBS's Independent Lens, and advised me to get in touch with a local affiliate.

So today I wrote a letter to Delta College, our local PBS station, asking for their guidance. Ah, here we go.

The next submission deadline is September 2010, so that is MY GOAL. I know I can get everything done on my end by that date, and understand and can comply with many of their set parameters, but when it comes down to the final submission package, it will make your head swim. Trust me, this is not for the feint at heart. :armata_PDT_23:

Technical Operating Specifications

So I thought it wise to begin asking all the right questions now. OOOOO-WEEEEEEE!

Documentary - No Bridge Too Far - Walt's Daughter - 02-06-2010

Already heard back and the gentleman wants me to get back in touch with him after Tuesday, next week. It will be great to be able to talk directly, and I am looking forward to getting some of my questions answered. As they say, if you don't ask...

Documentary - No Bridge Too Far - Walt's Daughter - 02-24-2010

Just sent off my first letter of introduction in regards to procuring underwriters. Wish me luck. I have a good feeling about this. Trying to stay positive and remain focused.