Forums

Full Version: Patton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

I'd rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me.

-General George S. Patton

That's definitely a Patton quote!!! Sounds like old George. :direct:

colinhotham

One of my two WW2 heroes, along with our own Gen Montgomery. Both men were flawed, but remember with their skills the allies won the war!

Colin.

:tank:

Ah, old Monty and Patton. Yes, these two did have a bit of a rivalry going. The movie Patton shows this oh so well. :argue:

Flawed indeed, but as you said, they had the genes that make up great generals. Many of Patton's men still love the man and would have gone to the ends of the earth for him. Me, I liked his brashness. Sometimes a bit much, but he was his own man and you always knew where you stood with him. It's far better that than being a hypocrite.

So to Monty and Patton. Make you live on...

chucktoo1926

Well now; let me get this straight---Ikey loves Monti, and Monti loves iIkey.

Man what a divorse lawyers dream. One says "well now ---lets think about this a minute or two, and the other says hell no-lets go, (besides, I need the exposure).

So Ikey thinks , Oh Momti Wants to be a hero,--- So we go, ---soon to be ---disposed. What a peaseful name --Market garden. We went to buy, and now we're disposed

As Gen. Patton once said; " War--- how I love it"

Great men in their time, but their time has gone.

What next ???

Chucktoo

chucktoo1926

I'm sorry if I seemed a bit critical; Patton was by far my IDEAL SOLDIER, but there has to be a better way

chucktoo