Forums

Full Version: Another Newbie checking in
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hello Marion!

Got tired of just being a Guest, so here I am. I see many names from WBG that I am familiar with already, and some I am not. A bit about me.. I am a semi-retired former aircraft parts fabricator (Yep, the Lazy B). My (late) father served in the Navy in WWII, in the Pacific theatre, and his father was a Doughboy during WWI, who served in France. A partially collapsed lung prevented me from serving in the military myself, but I have had a lifelong interest in the history of WWII. It began as a kid, reading Sgt. Rock comic books and watching "COMBAT" on TV, and progressed to watching the early documentaries like "The Twentieth Century" and "Victory at Sea."

Today I have a vast collection of WWII documentaries on DVD, a humble selection of books, and a more-modest yet collection of WWII artifacts, mostly American and German. The pride of my collection now is an original 36X24" recruiting poster for 12th SS Panzer Div. "Hitlerjugend." My latest treasure however is the poster "We Clear the Way", signed by the man who posed for it, MSgt. Vince Leckey ;) I am happy to join this group and hope to get to know you all better!

Kind regards,

Jim

Welcome, Jim.

Steve

Velcome, velcome (hee-hee) Jim, er Dogdaddy! So glad that you decided to join our little, but ever growing forum. I am very honored to have you as a member and it's great to see familar names and faces from other forums such as Dick Winters and Wild Bill's. I would have never thought that my meek site would attract such names and I feel very proud to see how far we've come in a short time.

I hope we will make your stay worthwhile and I can't wait to hear more about your interests and collection. Sounds like we have a LOT in common, including our early interest in the series COMBAT.

Warm regards,