Forums

Full Version: P-47 poster - Herky Green
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Didn't want to say anything until now because I didn't want to jinx myself, but I just won this on Ebay! It is going to be a Christmas present for my dear husband.

Got it for $25.00. Not bad folks.

This hard to find lithograph is signed by the Pilot of the P47 in the picture Hershel H. Green and also signed by the artist, Mike Machat.

The litho size is 24 x18 inches - the image size is 21 x 15 inches.

In excellent condition on good quality heavy paper.

My hubby is really into WWII aircraft history. This will be a nice addition to his collection.

More good news... I found out that I can get an inscribed, autographed copy of his book.

Herky! The Memoirs of a Checkertail Ace

By Herschel H. Green

Schiffer Publishing Ltd.

Atglen PA

I am sending away for that today. Well I hope I can keep this all a secret until December 24th.

Here's some info on "Herky":

http://www.warbirdsresourcegroup.org/URG/green.html

http://www.325thfg.org/sale.htm

Off we go into the Wild blue yonder... :pdt34:

post-11-1130844466_thumb.jpg

Congratulations, what a great poster. I would be proud to add it to my collection ( if on the odd chance that your husband hates it....some chance eh? :D )

Okay Bader, are we holding our breath? I see you starting to turn blue. Ah, one and two and three and four. Better give it up my friend. :lol: On the slightest chance though... I'll put your name at the top o' the list!

I read about a fighter pilot in Europe, when the P-47 arrived they gave him a instruction book and told him to get in the cockpit and study how to fly it.

cadetat6

I received Herky's book yesterday and he took the time to inscribe a personal note to Lee. He addressed Lee as an historian and enthusiast and Herky said that he flew the P-40, P-47 and P-51's. It was very nice.

I am totally thrilled and I know hubby will be too. Can't wait to see his face when he sees the signed poster and signed book. B)

My husband loved his signed poster and book. He was very, very happy and quite surprised. He is planning on having the poster framed and will hang it with his others out in our store. :pdt34: