Forums

Full Version: Unit Photo Names
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hi everyone,

My Grandfather had an old picture of this unit that we found after he passed. On the bottom of the picture are the names of the soldiers in the unit. Unfortunately, there's no date or mention of what unit this is. His discharge lists, "H & S Co. 257th Engr Combat Bn" as the last unit he was in. According to him, he enlisted in the Army Air Corps, then was transferred to the infantry, then transferred to the combat engineers. I'm assuming it was taken after basic training, but cannot confirm.

Maybe someone will recognize one of the names in here and have more context!

-Anthony

IMG-20180711-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20180711-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20180711-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20180711-WA0003.jpg

Nice! We have info on this unit too, on the main site and on the forum. I hope you were able to find the posts, etc.  Can you post the actual photo? Thanks!

It's really hard to get a good pic, but I've added it below.

I've actually not see the information on this unit. Would the best method to be to search the forums?

WhatsApp Image 2018-09-19 at 2.13.50 PM.jpeg

Simple solution - Simply type "257th" into the search box on the forum (upper right hand corner) and it will pull up a wealth of info. Same can be done on the main site. Happy hunting.