Forums

Full Version: In the Face of Obstacles - by Cheryl Frizzell
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Proud to say that one of "our own", has just published a book regarding her father. Congrats, Cheryl. Can't wait to get my copy this week. Thanks for sending that to me.

In the Face of Obstacles

Her father was with the 34th Inf Div

Here's a description (taken from Amazon.com)

In the Face of Obstacles is the true story of a heavy machine gunner in World War II. It chronicles my father's experience as told by soldiers who were there with him, by photographs including his own, and by his regiment narrative histories. Put them all together, and a detailed account of their daily lives unravels with boot camp dirt in the green hills of Alabama; a seasick troop ship across the Atlantic Ocean to Casablanca, where "A-rabs ain't got cigarettes" and camels stink; a dusty boxcar ride across North Africa, where people live underground; hardcore training camps in the desert of Algeria, where cognac doubles as lighter fluid; and a thousand miles of frontline combat in a rugged country called Italy. It is all through the eyes of "the infantrymen who would likely be wounded or killed."

I will be ordering this from my local library.

Colin.

Excellent! That will make her very happy!

Sounds great! I'll have to pick it up. Next task - find time to read!

Oh wow, received the book and I was mentioned in it. How cool is that. I just saw it.

Thanks Cheryl.