Forums

Full Version: 610th Engineer Light Eqiuipment Company
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Looking for information on this unit. My father Captain Robert B. Shanks was in it. Doing research. 610th Engineer Light Equipment Company'

Peggy Savage

Hello and welcome. If you type "610th" in the SEARCH BOX at the top right of our page, it will bring up several posts that should supply you with information. We look forward to talking with you.

Smiles,

M1

My father, Captain Robert S. Shanks was a Combat Engineer Officer in 610th Engineer Light Equipment Company particaipated ETO in five campaigns including:

Leading men in combat in Normandy, Omaha Beach

Bridge at Remagen

Injured on advance of the Vire River in France, received the Purple Heart

Served as labor and Trade Officer after the war in Kreis, Stadt, Marburg Gerrmany

His daughter,

Peggy Savage

Hi Peggy: I moved the post you wrote (dated today - see above) and placed it back here. For some reason it was posted under another topic related to the 10th Engineers. I may have confused you when I earlier stated that you should type in "610th". I didn't mean you should post your request there, but rather wanted you to see information that we already had on that unit.

Have to run for now. I'm on vacation, but wanted to touch base with you. Hopefully we can find more on him...