Forums

Full Version: Fraternization
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

frat.jpg

Army regulations restricted contact with German civilians except in line of duty. Nobody paid any attention! The picture above shows me in my jeep during the occupation, with a very young German girl in my lap, knawing at the D ration chocolate bar I gave her. How could any soldier turn away a hungry, beautiful child like that?

3_7_I_Recon - Russ Cloer

Of course, there were girls our age too, at whom the regulations were directed. They were not only hungry, but would give a G.I. anything for a pack of American cigarettes.

I don't speak from personal experience on this one, so I have no pictures. After two years overseas, I just wanted to go home to my wife! I was able to do that after 8 months of occupation duty. We are still in love at age 84!

3_7_I_Recon - Russ Cloer

Yes, isn't she a doll. Wonder what she is doing today and if she is still alive. Wouldn't it be great to find out what happened to that little one?

To you and your wife. May your love continue eternally! :heartpump::heartpump:

My honey and I have been HAPPILY married and will celebrate our 23rd August 28th. This year we will be a on boat in Kentucky with family and thanking God for our time together. I hope we will be as blessed as you are.

Yes Russ, I remeber the no fratinization rules which were utterly nonsense to us and

not obeyed like you show. Typical Military stupidity and not adhered to in the least.

Just another "Reg." to be broken like the wearing of neckties in going into town. We of

the 3rd Div were issued blue scarves which we wore instead of ties, and gotten "written

up" by the M.P.'s, and when the writeup came to our superiors they just laughed and tore them up. Damn glad I was single at the time though. I am sure glad you have gotten the pics down pat. Back from the hospital stay and have the heart pacemaker

implanted, so maybe a bit more things will come to mind, hopefully. Im ready for more

pic URL's for you anytime you want. Hope I also "stretched my glide" a bit.

Joe:

Wow, didn't know you had a pacemaker inserted. Glad to hear that all is well and yes, I too hope you stretched your glide. :pdt34:

The non-frat rule sounded utterly riduculous to me too. It's the end of the war, everyone is lonely and you can't talk to the locals. Sure that's gonna happen. :pdt33: As you said, just another dumb rule waiting to be broken.

I told Russ he would get the hang of the boards and now he's got it down pat. Of course I wouldn't expect anything else. :drinkin:

heres something that I pick up from an old occupation MP many years back talks all about this stuff!

post-11-1122090185_thumb.jpg

heres other side

post-11-1122090224_thumb.jpg

Scott, you're the best. I just loved the line,

"You're an American soldier, not a NAZI!" Duh, really! :pdt12: