Forums

Full Version: Military Railway Service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

angatti

Starting from an old italian locomotive, I found something more!

This is the story of the Whitcomb Locomotives Ne 120 and the Military Railway Service:

The Whitcomb Locomotives Ne 120 and the Military Railway Service

Last but not least

Merry Christmas and happy new year

I have travelled extensively in Sicily, including circumnavigating the island by rail except for the stretch from Trapani where no rail exists. This was during my years of research into Operation Husky and the progress of the US 7th Army, The British and Commonwealth 8th army and the Canadian 1st Division. So your post is of interest to me, thank you.

Colin

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too, Angatti!

Available on the web site the transcript of "American "Rails" in eight countries". The story of the Military Railway Service

http://www.goticatoscana.eu/EN/Italy_at_war/StoryOfMRS/StoryOf1stMRS.html

Update

added the the names of the recipients of the 1st MRS Certificate of Merit as of January 1st, 1945 and the description of the Certificate of Merit.

all the best

Superb! Nice job and a lot of people will really appreciate the information and images.

Hey, I have a photo from my dad's unit, I think you will enjoy! This was taken in North Africa.

post-2-0-76098800-1455447750_thumb.jpg

Cool! I didn't know they had a train!

Ah, just one of the many treasures that have fallen into my adoring hands!