Forums

Full Version: MARNE's Back!!! :D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Howdy everyone! :D

I am back! Officially... :D lol

Have ya missed me? :D lol

I'll be around! ;)

Regards,

MARNE

Welcome back Marne, we always miss our MIA`s.

Just in time too, we have a recent post about the bridge in Hiedelburg. Do you have info on the 3rd Inf there about 29 March 1945?

Hey kiddo, wow, a blast from the past. We had two members sneak back in this week and it's always good to see them.

And ya, if I have to actually admit it, I DID MISS YOU!!! :clappin:;):P:D

Welcome back Marne, we always miss our MIA`s.

Just in time too, we have a recent post about the bridge in Hiedelburg. Do you have info on the 3rd Inf there about 29 March 1945?

Hahahaha :lol: Its great to be back Marion!! :D

Larry, what thread is the topic under? Let me dig into Taggart and Scott's AAR's in the divisional histories and see what I can come up with. :pdt34:

Regards,

MARNE

Hey Marne, the topicis here in the New Meber section in '21st & 824th Engineer Battalions. http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/engforum/index.php?showtopic=7847

It was a photo identification in the post that Karl answered: "photo is taken from the north side of the river "neckar" towards the famous castle and the old part of the town. the bridge blown up is the well known " alte brücke" old bridge from the 18th century. the bridge was demolished to stop the American advance on Thursday 29th march 1945, at about 22.00h hours all was over"

We were just looking for any additional info about the bridge. From i found, the 3rd ID reached Heidelberg abt 29 March. from a quick seach i think the bridge was repaired at a later date by Base Section engineers, either Continental Base or CONAD. I have some of their records & will go thru them when i get a chance.

Hey Marne! Great to have you back! We never like to see regulars fade away!

Rock-i.jpg