Forums

Full Version: Chetnik Mountain Interview
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Here is an article from the latest issue of Military Magazine. One of the ones that we subscribe to. When I saw it, I thought of our European friend Misha, who lives in Serbia. I sent a link to him and know he will find it fascinating.

http://historynet.com/wwii/blcivilwarinbalkans/

Thanks for that Marion, just printed it off. I'm half Serbian, half Croation so I joke that if I was over there now I would have to shoot myself. Most people don't get the joke or understand the ethnic problems over there.

My Mom & Dad had a lot of problems when they first got married because even then, it wasn't very accepted for a Serb and Croat to get married with the hardcore that came over on the boat like my grandparents. When Tito died, everything went to hell over there. It's an ethinic hotbed like no other that goes back hundreds, if not thousands of years. I'm sure the members of the MB from Serbia have a much greater understanding/appreciation of this, a lot moreso than a redneck from OH that is 3 generations removed and can't even speak the language.

Thanks again Marion, looking forward to the read. Hope you have a great 4th.

Ron

Woah, big thanks for Le Gal.You’ve done a exelent(as usual)job.Sometimes is very god to see both sides of truth.Few months ago I wrote about 500 American Airmans saved by General Draza Mihailovic’s forces(on this site).If you dig a deeper in whole story,about REAL resistance and Mihailovic’s forces you can see that is no only serbian people in it.There is some Croats,Slovenians,Bosnians…What more else I can say?Whole movement was antifascist and aticommunist.For last(civil) war in ex-Yugoslavia guilty is only on commie’s regime on each side.

So, Ron, please to meet you here.Don’t worry man, you sublime all the best from both’’sides†and that’s best example what love can do,no mather who are you and came from.Anyway, in “our “ex-country who can say; “Look, I’m a pure Serb,Croat,Bosnian or whatever??†Just see a history,what a mess my man!!!

The human race have only two kind of people – good and bad and ,as you can see,this site is place with only good,reeeaaaal good people!

Best wishes to you and ,of course,my precious Le Gal

Le Kid

:drinkin::pdt34:

I clicked on that link and found the reading very interesting - which reminds me - I have two other books on the shelf, as yet unread, dealing with the same subject of the ethnic divisions in Yugoslavia. Ah, what to do? So much to read, so little time! But this link provided a good primer, though.

When I was a kid I can remember seeing some movie about some of our intelligence people parachuting behind the lines somewhere in Europe and being warned beforehand about not falling into or being captured by the "wrong" group. Beyond that, I didn't understand the details but do remember being puzzled by it. Much of the movie revolved around good guys, bad guys and some German soldiers being trapped in a bombed cellar with the suspence being just who was going to get there first to rescue them. In the years since I've become aware of there being a conflict in this area I've often wondered if this was Hollywood's attempt to touch on the problem. I WISH I could remember the name of the movie but it's long gone from my memory bank, if, indeed, I ever knew the name of it. How would one research such a movie anyway?

Marilyn