Forums

Full Version: REMEMBRANCE DAY UK 11/11/2012
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

colinhotham

This morning I go to the service at the disused airfield that was in 1944/45 RAF Blakehill Farm, in Wiltshire.

I am placing this cross in the memorial garden there and it commemorates those who died in WW2 and are from organisations I am invloved with.

Colin. (Ex Royal Air Force 25 years)

post-867-0-50324800-1352625341_thumb.jpg

Thank you for doing this and honoring our great veterans. It's nice to see the 36th too. Let us all take a moment to bow our heads in a moment of silence.

Photo Gallery

Thought a fitting way to pay tribute to all who served on this Veteran's Day 2012.

I was sent two songs this week and will post each here.

Dear 6th Combat Engineers,

In honor of Veterans Day 2012, I would like to share with you a song, written for, and dedicated to, all Veterans. It is called

I'll Go (A Soldiers Oath) by the band Kelly's Lot

Here's a link to the song (this is simply a YouTube video):

It's a beautiful song and well worth watching. Our Veterans are important, and deserve to know we appreciate them. I think this song does just that.

Thank you for your service and countless sacrifices.

Sincerely,

Tamie Towers

Patriot & Daughter of a Veteran

P.S. My dear friend Kelly Zirbes wrote and performed this song and gives her permission for it to be shared.

And from Reg Jans - forum member and friend in Europe

http://youtu.be/0kOVGdc4-Bo

post-867-0-41504400-1352647743_thumb.jpgpost-867-0-20325600-1352647780_thumb.jpgpost-867-0-12388100-1352647817_thumb.jpgpost-867-0-78157300-1352647848_thumb.jpgOn a bright sunny but cool day in a quiet part of Wiltshire, England, I attended a service of Remembrance at RAF Blakehill Farm.

After the ceremony I placed my cross next to the Maple tree (commemorating the Canadians who flew from this airfield in 1944).

Along with the British and Commonwealth and US forces that were involved in D-Day we remember the men of the 36th Engineer Combat Regiment, Including Louis.A.Szatalski of New York and Edgar.F.Hanley of Chicago who were killed at Licata, Sicily, in July 1943 during Operation Husky and all others that have died in conflicts the world over.

Colin.

Looks like it was a beautiful day to honor the veterans. Again, thank you for doing that for our "boys"!

Appreciatively,

M1

Thanks for keeping our boy's memory alive. Seems too many have forgotten in the States.