Forums

Full Version: Read any good books lately?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Has anyone read any good books lately? I've reached a standstill with reading material and can't seem to find anything that turns me on.

Book sales recently have really been lacking around here; a whole lot of nothing.

I like personal stories about real people, the statistical books put me to sleep.

HIDDEN HELL

DISCOVERING MY FATHER'S POW DIARY

Actually finished this one a few weeks ago. Thought I had left a review somewhere?! Maybe not. Ah my head is where?????

This one was really tough to get through, and that's not because it was poorly written, it was due to the fact that it was so incredibly sad. At one point I put the book down for a few weeks.

I actually know the author and have talked to him via phone and email a few times. He lives in Michigan. We've been planning on setting up a meeting, but due to his crazy schedule, it hasn't come to fruition yet.

I know you would like this one.

I have quite a few to add to the list. Maybe you all have already read them since I only discovered this wonderful website recently! But I can start with a couple that if you have not read, I highly recommend them::

Is Paris Burning

The Monuments Men by Edsel

Foot Soldier

Perhaps you'd like Moshe Dayan's "The stors of my life", I read the french version "Histoire de ma vie" which I got from my father. A very interesting life and good to read.

Christoph

Ah, vous parlez français aussi? Plus de vos talents remonter à la surface!

:pdt12:

Peut-être mieux que l'Anglais. Et toi? Tu es presque canadienne, n'est-cepas? ;)

Christoph

Too funny! Yes, almost Canadian. In fact my husband's relatives moved to Canada during the revolutionary war, because they were patriots! :pdt12: :pdt12: Many returned back to the states in the late 1800's and early 1900's.

J'ai étudié le français pendant deux ans à l'école secondaire.

It was only because you're living near the border (seen from Germany).

Christoph :26_25_1:

Yes, we are a hop and skip from the border. We actually lived closer once upon a time, when we lived in Detroit. Windsor was literally a 25 minute trip from our house and we went frequently.

Yes, Marion that book definatly looks like it's right up my alley.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!!