Forums

Full Version: Map of the 1277th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

I was watching this video the other day, and left a comment. Well the gentleman contacted his grandfather, and had him email me. So now I am in contact with another WWII combat engineer. The very cool thing? He only lives about an hour or so away from me in Michigan.

I just replied to his email, so will let you know what transpires.

Hi Marion,

I photographed this headstone of a KIA 1277th soldier a few years ago. The grave is located in Oakland Cemetery Moberly, Missouri. When I come across the graves of KIA's like this I try and research them a little to find out their story. The map now gives me the general location of where he met his end. Thanks for sharing, Randy.

post-2432-0-54381500-1438777896_thumb.jpg post-2432-0-59523900-1438777933_thumb.jpg

Oh you got it. You never know what a tidbit of information will lead you. And thank you for sharing your discovery.

Interesting connection between the headstone and the clipping from when he died. I would suppose there is a lot of that out there, but it just takes looking for.