Forums

Full Version: 1st Lt. - Signal Corps uniform
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Enrico

As I had mentioned to M1, I received the 1st Lieutenant's uniform, of the Signal Corps, of the 5th Army.

Here are some photos. The sharpshooter badge was a gift from the seller, but it's post-war, because it has two safety pins instead of the one only pin.

In the belt buckle of the jacket, there is hand-engraved Verne F. Bragg. I do not know if this is the full name of the soldier, or F. Bragg, is the abbreviation of Fort Bragg...

Enry

post-1233-0-30857300-1326722089_thumb.jpg

post-1233-0-11577400-1326722097_thumb.jpg

post-1233-0-54900800-1326722104_thumb.jpg

post-1233-0-42732900-1326722112_thumb.jpg

Looks great! As a signals guy myself (although in the USMC we just call it "comm" and not signals) I can appreciate it.

Thanks Capt, I am very satisfied! What a coincidence, "comm" is for communications?

Some time ago, I bought this book "Semper Fi" on the history of the USMC ... is really very nice! In Italy is rare.

Ah, finally got a chance to stop in and read this post this morning. Those are wonderful pics. The jacket looks to be in very good condition. You must be so delighted to have it in your collection.

And I do love the photo at Christmas too. Good pic of you and your girlfriend. Love the antique furniture. Looks very Italian! :P :P

True! The furniture are "credenze bolognesi" - "furniture of Bologna", made ​​by hand by a cabinetmaker. :D

I am happy to have the entire uniform in collection, mainly because it is all of the same soldier! B):)

It's all in very good condition, I almost could not believe it. But the thing that intrigues me most, is the engraving on the belt buckle of the jacket!

BTW, love the new look for you; the facial hair! Very handsome. Does you girlfriend love it? B)

It really is not a new look, I always wear a goatee, only to re-enactments I cut it, to be more correct! My girlfriend has known me with the goatee, and at the first re-enactment events, she not wanted that I cut it lol :D

Cute story!

My husband sports a beard and mustache and I have always loved it. I don't like scruffy, long facial hair, but I DO like the neatly trimmed look. Some women don't like any hair on a man.

:P :P :P

Here in America you see all these stupid commercials for men which tell them to get rid of chest hair, etc. What's with that? Are grown men supposed to look like 12 year-old boys?

My girlfriend does not like hairless men... lol, on the other hand, I'm very lazy with the beard, I do to shorten only when it's really needed...(imagine with other body hair ).... :P

My friends who saw me without beard during the reenactments, they told me that I lose 10 years of age... (29-19) lol

On the other hand, 4 years ago, they asked me if I had 40 years ahah :D

In the USMC, facial hair is not a common thing among officers and not even that common with the enlisted Marines. Here is what Terminal Lance (an online comic about enlisted life in the USMC - sort of a modern day, more R-Rated Willie and Joe) has to say about it:

2010-04-27-Strip_33_Mustaches_web.jpg

Read the rest here.

Now, this is take nothing away from yours or anyone elses facial hair it is only a commentary on the mustaches you end up with when you follow the USMC facial hair grooming standards.

"The face will be clean-shaven, except that a mustache may be worn. When worn, the mustache will be neatly trimmed and must be

contained within the lines of B-B', C-C', D-D' and the margin area of the upper lip, as shown in figures 1-1 and 1-2. The individual length of a mustache hair fully extended must not exceed 1/2 inch."

Fig1-1.gifFig1-2.gif

I grew out my facial hair when I was in college for a couple of weeks before it was just too itchy and I had to get rid of it. I'll scan some of the pictures if I find them. That will be a big laugh for everyone used to my current Marine countenance!

Pages: 1 2 3