Forums

Full Version: A kind letter - Joe Miller
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just finished reading an article in the NRA American Rifleman Magazine about Don Burgett. As an older person , I can recall reading accounts of WWII and other events of that time. I was about 6 yrs. old when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor and later joined the Marine Corps in 1954, have been a Marine ever since. ( Enlisted on the 8 year obligated service plan) Honorably Discharged in 1962.

There have been so many stories published and his accounts of the war are a valuable contribution to our country’s history. My intent is to obtain all of his books and read them. You might say I am somewhat of a war buff although I never saw a day of combat. ( I am however, a retired Police Officer and have experienced some combat of a different nature.)

During my tour of duty with the Marines, several of my superiors were combat veterans of WWII and it is understandable that they hold a special place in my heart along with Don Burgett. They were and are, truly American Patriots. I wanted to say “Thank You for being one of Tom Brokaw’s Greatest Generation.”

Joe Miller