Forums

Full Version: redeployed for Operation Olympic/Coronet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

This might sound kind of strange, but the following will tell you something about the document attached. The person asked that I not associate his name with the document, so...

I do thank him for the work he has done. M1

Excerpt from letter:

...After V-E Day, many units were redeployed from the ETO to the PTO for Operation OLYMPIC/CORONET. The question is, what units & what ships redeployed the units?

I have compiled a list of ships & units that were redeployed. Like all lists, it is never complete. However, my list is based in fact. Nothing from the internet, nothing from a story someone told someone, only facts!

When you see the list you may notice a number of empty boxes or _______. That is because I do not have the fact to fill in the box or _______. I will continue to look for the facts, but in the interim I thought this list may be of assistance to you....

If anyone would like to add information to this file, please let me know, and I will add it to the WORD document and then re-save as this PDF.

Redeployment.pdf