Forums

Full Version: I'm sad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

I'm sad! I received a very bad message of an American on my email address! as you all know I research the families of my soldiers I adopted the grave. I put many posts on the forum of units of my soldiers! There is not long time . I received a message from a man who told me that I was not worthy to take care of graves of sons of america. That I have to take care of the graves of French soldiers .I was really to hurt.

I do not know if all Americans think the same thing ?

Vee

Sorry for my bad english

Vee,

I think I speak for everyone at the forum when I say, "We love you and not only have no problem with what you are doing (that was even hard to type - who could have a problem with that?!) but also we are so grateful that there are people like you and others that do that." Every time I hear of you or someone else like Frank adopting a grave, I am filled with gratitude. I can't describe the feeling I get to know that people in Europe remember what these men and boys did for all of us at that time. I am happy to know that people tend to the final resting place of those that gave their lives.

The internet is great because it allows just about everyone to voice their opinion. No longer are we held captive by those that report the news or write books/magazines. The down side (as there is to just about every good thing) is that any kook can get on the internet and say whatever they want. In this case, you have some kook who is ignorant beyond words. I am at a loss for words when it comes to describing this idiot. I can't think why anyone would think this way. But, as I say, any kook can say anything. Please, dear Vee, take to heart all of the kind things those on the forum have said to you over the years and - especially - what the grateful family members have said to you since you have been doing this. "Block sender" on that reprehensible fool and press Shift+Delete on that email (permanently deletes on a Microsoft system).

We love you VEE!!!!!

:huggybears::wub::love7::thewoman::26_12_4::26_19_2::26_24_1::26_6_7:

Todd

You made me feel much better, and I'm glad that you wrote. I feel relieved because I truly felt people were ignoring and wicked. I was VERY SAD. The important thing is you made me feel better, I know for a fact that many, many love me on the forum !!

I love you too. You are wonderful.

:huggybears:

With many hugs,

Vee

Vee you are an inspiration to all of us here that are involved in remembering WWII. Take no notice of anythng said against your loyalty in caring about the US soldiers who died for us all on French soil. I know that in your heart you will feel the same about the French soldiers who died at the same time.

Colin. :waving:

Vee, I read this very late last night and was too tired to reply, so wanted to wait until today so I could write something appropriate.

First off, I think you know how much you are loved on this forum. You are one to THE top members, and I can't think of ANY reason anyone would ever be mad at you, or not simply appreciate ALL you do for us, for others and especially for the servicemen who died overseas.

We are VERY grateful for you and for others like you, who honor our vets.

Let me share a story with you. I'm sure you will appreciate this...

Several months ago I got a letter from the brother of a WWII vet. Evidently he found out about my documentary and wrote me a scathing letter. Yes, you read that right. Said the title of my documentary, No Bridge Too Far was disrespectful to his brother and all the men who served with him during Operation Market Garden. He was very angry at me. Can you believe that? I was floored.

I wrote back to him and was very nice (boy was I angry), and told him the title was a badge of honor for all my engineers, telling the world they would stop at nothing to end the war, and that I had the backing of hundreds of veterans and their families, including men like 101st Airborne author, George Koskimaki, who WAS there at Market Garden. Guess what, he never wrote back and he never apologized.

Well you can see where I'm going with this. You get a letter from a "kook" and I get letters from "kooks", but that shouldn't discourage either one of us.

Sometimes it's even difficult on the forum (you and I have talked about this before), for many times we don't feel appreciated. It's hard when you post and post and post, and many go unanswered. It makes one feel like no one is interested. I go through that too. You do feel as though no one cares. But I know it isn't true. When you get that ONE GREAT letter, it does make it all worthwhile.

:huggybears:

I believe that even if everyone speaks a different language, there is one thing that is equal in the world ... ignorance. Ignore the why one person so far away from the United States decides to adopt a grave of an American soldier, it's like to ignore th why this soldier has decided many years ago, to going to lose his life in that distant land ...

Rocky said something wonderful here in Italy ... "I am not a hero, the heroes are all good guys who are buried around the world."

I agree with him, although I think he's too modest, and I think that as gesture of love adopt a grave of a soldier, pays tribute to these heroes!

Thank you so much !! Marion , Colin , Enrico ,

I feel better now! but I was so sad that he says me that I was not worthy to take care of the graves of my 13 soldiers . I'm so proud to honor their memory. because we cannot forget them . They gave their life for our liberty.

Vee

You could answer one thing to that person, ok I'm not worthy, then, since you're worthy, why have I not seen you here every day to pay tribute to American soldiers buried here? This is the only answer you could give to a sentence like that!

Great answer. That is what my husband and I said too. If you are going to badger one person and tell them they are not worthy, then why aren't you doing it? What's the old saying, "Those who live in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones."

I just can't imagine what was going through this jerks head?!??!

Live as long as you can, and we will never be able to figure out the human psyche. :pdt33:

for this person now lacks only the shooting :machinegun: LOL (I'm joking :D)

Pages: 1 2