Forums

Full Version: The Arsenal of Democracy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Can anyone out there tell me how many of the foreign countries The USA supplied during WWII have repaid us? I remember reading about this subject several years ago when it was reported that one country(France I believe)had finally paid of their WWII debt. It would seem to me a good time right now for those who have not to finally pay up. If I have mistakenly credited the wrong European country for repaying us my apologies to The UK. :woof:

Good question. Great Britain made their last payments for WWII debts to the US & Canada in December 2006, but it wasnt debts for Lend-Lease, it was money borrowed after the war for reconstruction totaling about $5.2 bil at aound 2% interest. One link i seen said Finnland paid off their WWII debt. but i havent found what other countries owe or have paid off. BTW, most of those other countries seemingly still havent paid off debts from WW I yet.