Forums

Full Version: The Seventh United States Army-Report of Operations-France & Germany 1944-45
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

When I visited Fort Leonard Wood, they had a set of the original books (set of three)

The Seventh United States Army-Report of Operations-France & Germany 1944-45

When I perused the various pages, just knew I had to add these to my collection. Just wouldn't be completed without these.

They are still hard to find, but original copies can go for a few hundred dollars, and many are sold by individual volumes. However I discovered these are also available as re-prints, bound in two volumes. And after brooding over them for the last month, I finally broke down and ordered them from Alibris today.

Can't wait!!!!

Here's a set of the reprints on another site. I got mine for cheaper! :bluejumper:

The 7th U.S. Army Report of Operations is a goldmine of information, photos, and maps. Fortunately my city library houses a copy of the three-volume set, and I borrowed them a few years ago for several weeks. As I recall, John Fallon was able to get the books through his local library (interlibrary loan). That's a good option for people doing research. The two-volume reprint is also available for $99.95 from the publisher, BatteryPress.com: http://www.batterypress.com/Book/index.cfm?method=viewbook&BookID=167

That's the set I got...