Forums

Full Version: Signed dollar bill from Paul McGee - 540th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Last month was talking with Karen, the daughter of Paul McGee, 540th Combat Engineer. She mentioned something about a signed dollar bill from the war, which she still had in her possession.

Well this week I received a letter from her, and a copy of that signed bill. Some of the names are hard to read, but this is very cool.

Thank you Karen.

post-2-0-77343100-1299707522_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-65666300-1299707746_thumb.jpg

Karen sent this photo to me this week. Thought the forum would be a good place to put this, since I could also add her letter along with i. 

...On another note,  I sent to Luther Hanson of the U.S. Army Quartermaster Museum in Fort Lee, Virginia a photo that I found of my dad's of Company M, 8th QM Training Regiment in Fort Lee July 1942.  The photo wasn't in great shape.  He said he would try to "fix it" and hopefully get it into an exhibit in the museum.  Don't know if it will ever happen, but I tried.  Anyhow, I've attached a copy of the photo, perhaps it could be an addition to your web site?  Again, it is not in the best of shape and might not be a candidate for uploading.

Warm regards,
Karen McGee Culler (daughter of Paul L. McGee)

QM training.jpg