Forums

Full Version: 291st Engineer Combat Battalion Roster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

EngineerReenactor

I'm researching the 291st ECB and I'm Looking for the Unit Roster. Ive already reserved information on the 291st form the National Archives. Ive also read First Across the Rhine, Engineering the Victory,The Corps of Engineers: The War Against Germany And I reserved a copy of The Damned Engineers.

If Anyone can help Me I would really appreciate.

Dear Matt:

Let's see what I can come up with...

I have a few names in my contact list, and will send you their email addresses via a PM on the forum. You can then contact them, and see if anyone has a roster. Wouldn't that be great?

I have a two signed books by the Colonel, and had the pleasure to speak with him on the telephone, a few years back. He is quite a man. It's been quite a while since our last correspondence, and he was moved to a nursing home. You can try writing to him. Let me know if anything transpires.

Colonel David Pergrin

3 Bridle Rd. Shrewsbury, Pa. 17361-1339

If you have no luck regarding the roster after talking with the list of people I am going to send you this afternoon, then I would try contacting the Army Corps of Engineer's Office of History, to see what they have. Their address is listed in the Research section of our forum. Let me know if you have any questions.

Dear Matt:

Let's see what I can come up with...

I have a few names in my contact list, and will send you their email addresses via a PM on the forum. You can then contact them, and see if anyone has a roster. Wouldn't that be great?

I have a two signed books by the Colonel, and had the pleasure to speak with him on the telephone, a few years back. He is quite a man. It's been quite a while since our last correspondence, and he was moved to a nursing home. You can try writing to him. Let me know if anything transpires.

Colonel David Pergrin

3 Bridle Rd. Shrewsbury, Pa. 17361-1339

If you have no luck regarding the roster after talking with the list of people I am going to send you this afternoon, then I would try contacting the Army Corps of Engineer's Office of History, to see what they have. Their address is listed in the Research section of our forum. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

I can tell you that my father, George Donaldson was a member of the 291st as was a friend of his I only know by the nickname "Bucky".

Just so everyone knows, Col Pergrin has passed away. So has Tina's father George. Please see this post... :mellow:

http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/engforum/index.php?showtopic=7555

Did this post in 2011 Ever find that Roster??

I was also hoping to find the roster.

I have not come across  a roster  yet for Co.  B my dad was in.. 

Kitty 

Could you share that list of names as well with me..? i dont know WHY its been so difficult to locate the names of CoB!! gee wizz!

thank you!

kitty

I reached out to their old reunion organizer / sudo-historian.  If I get any rosters I'll share them with y'all.

m