Forums

Full Version: Out of Touch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Sad reflection...

The other day one of our store reps came in to take our order and also to give us a calendar. Cool. As she was leaving she handed me the calendar and said it was pretty nice, as it featured many dates related to all kinds of things. So she flips open the calendar and she randomly reads off a few to me including one about Hitler coming to an end. Her comment was something like, Hitler, now who would care about that?

So I looked at her and said something like this, "Well I would, it was a very important event, and as a WWII historian, means even more to me." She looked back at me totally perplexed, and didn't say a thing as she walked out the door.

This was someone in her thirties. :huh:

AARRRRRRGGGG!!!!! This is why I have become such a believer in term limits. I'm sure this girl would be the type to listen to any snake oil salesman who came along and keep that person in power for years and years.

Ya, I stewed about it for days. It kept coming back to me and I just had to post about it?

THE FALL OF HITLER, who cares? Well G-damn! I can't even express how angry this truly makes me.

:machinegun:

Relax sweetheart--We kicked his ass in No. Africa and Italy. Him and his Italian pisano took the pill.

Ya, I stewed about it for days. It kept coming back to me and I just had to post about it?

THE FALL OF HITLER, who cares? Well G-damn! I can't even express how angry this truly makes me.

:machinegun:

I share your umbrage believe me!!

Marion I was somewhat undecided about posting those photo of the

mass grave but then I "spoke" to a couple of young Army guys(recruiters)

who, if they were sincere, proved to me that they didn't have a clue to

those atrocities. I almost gagged but had the presence of mind to just

walk away - have to watch my BP or else!!! I was sorry I went out of my

way to thank them for their service.

SgtLeo :fireyhair:

I share your umbrage believe me!!

Marion I was somewhat undecided about posting those photo of the

mass grave but then I "spoke" to a couple of young Army guys(recruiters)

who, if they were sincere, proved to me that they didn't have a clue to

those atrocities. I almost gagged but had the presence of mind to just

walk away - have to watch my BP or else!!! I was sorry I went out of my

way to thank them for their service.

SgtLeo :fireyhair:

Don't fret over those pics. Sgtleo--Just remember all the men WE LOST to bring that S.O.B. down. Rocky

No, people need to keep posting all THOSE pics from the war, for if they don't, then within a few years, people today will have no clue what the hell happened a mere FEW decades ago.

How in the world a RECRUITER can be clueless about the atrocities, is well beyond by grasp! :machinegun:

No, people need to keep posting all THOSE pics from the war, for if they don't, then within a few years, people today will have no clue what the hell happened a mere FEW decades ago.

How in the world a RECRUITER can be clueless about the atrocities, is well beyond by grasp! :machinegun:

What really rattled my cage was when one of the guys, a Staff Sgt., asked the other guy "Did you see the three Bronze Stars on that old guys hat??". Apparently he doesn't know the differnce between a Campaign Star and a Bronze Star!!!!!"

And remember these two are in our Army - oh vey!!

To demonstate how knowledgable one of them, a Staff Sgt. was, spoke to the other one as I walked away with this question "Did you notice the 3 Bronze Stars that old guy had on his hat??" Actually they were the Campaign Stars on my ETO Ribbon.

Here's a Staff. that didn't know the difference between a Bronze Star ward and a Campaign Ribbon -Oh vey!!