Forums

Full Version: My Normandy trip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Frank Gubbels

To all,

Yesterday evening I came back from a 3 day trip to Normandy. I would like to share some pictures with you.

OMAHA-Beach, you all know what happened out there.

dsc5428kleiner.jpg

dsc5429kleiner.jpg

dsc5438kleiner.jpg

Monuments near Saint-Laurent (OMAHA-Beach)

dsc5455kleiner.jpg

dsc5472kleiner.jpg

dsc5474kleiner.jpg

The airstrip which was made by US engineers near Saint-Laurent.

dsc5475kleiner.jpg

OMAHA-Beach cemetery

dsc5489kleiner.jpg

dsc5516kleiner.jpg

dsc5522kleiner.jpg

A famous autograph:

dsc5737kleiner.jpg

Wonderful photos Frank. Especially loved the engineer related images - of course! :armata_PDT_37:

My friend David Little would love to see the IX photos. May I share those with him, and of course give credit to the photographer.

Thanks,

M1

You're always allowed to share them Marion. That's why we post those pictures here isn't it?

Best,

Frank

BTW. Let us know what he thinks about it. If there are any questions just let me know.

I forgot to add 1 picture. I was walking by this grave and thought about this forum. We were just 15 minutes on the cemetery and visited the graves of Theodore and Quentin Roosevelt. Then we left walking through those white crosses and I snapped some more pics including this one.

dsc5524kleiner.jpg

If you want too I can send you the original picture Marion. His name is Alfred A. Ferrell.

Ya, I haven't heard from him in a while, and there haven't been any new posts on this site since the very end of May. Hope everything is alright. I will let you know if and when I hear from him.

I posted something on his site the beginning of August, but as of today, no reply...

Thanks,

M1

Let's hope he will be okay.

I will post more pictures after the weekend. I am leaving for the formula 1 race in Spa-Francorchamps within 2 hours and I have to do some preparations. I am not going to the race itself but to a camping in the neighbourhood.

Wow, didn't know you were an F1 fan. We are SOOOO envious of your trip. We used to go to every race in Detroit, and just loved them and the whole atmosphere of the events. Also went to see one in Indianapolis in 2002.

Have fun. Wish we could be there.

Zoom-zoom!

Have been there several times Marion. In 2001 I was there for the first time and we managed to get in for free!!! We did that several times but that's impossible now. I just like the sound of that.

I don't have a camera with me so I hope I can borrow some pics from friends and share them with you. Check Facebook after the weekend.

Great pictures , As usual , Frank, one again, Thanks for sharing .

Vee ;)

Pages: 1 2