Forums

Full Version: Stevin and the 60th Anniversary
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Just got a great email from Stevin tonight. All I can say is wow and wow! :pdt20:

-------------------------------

Hi Marion,

This is to let you know that this weekend Christa and I were at the VE Day ceremony at Margraten and had the honor to meet with President Bush, the First Lady and Secr. of State Rice. (I have pictures to prove it! Well, I have Christa on the pics with them. Not myself).

Highlight, however, was our meeting with Capt. Frank Ellis of the 70th Inf Div (see pic. He was coming to Margraten anyway, but Christa got him in the ceremony. He was in the front row when Bush made his speech and met with him afterwards. He was thrilled. I am glad we were able to do this for him. Afterwards we met him and his son, Brian, at their hotel. This amazing gent is 89 years old and was a 29 year old Capt. when the war ended, having saved numerous lives as a 1st Bn surgeon. After the war he was heavily involved in the development of the blood transfusion system for the US Army.

He is a great guy, sharp as a tack and a lot of fun...

post-11-1115681841_thumb.jpg