Forums

Full Version: Combined 36th/540th Reunion 2010
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

Let the party begin. More news to follow soon, but the reunion will go on as scheduled. Same month, same place. Here's some news from John Fallon.

I have been sending out our regular reunion announcements to Colonel George Gardes (ret) and he and his wife will be attending our reunion in Lebanon. They have already made reservations and I hope you will do so soon. Colonel Gardes is the son of General Gardes who was our Commander and later 6th Corps Engineer. He is bringing pictures of the early 36th including pictures of the 36th at Plattsburg

36 Engineers are rugged......John Fallon II. Capt. USA Ret.

==============

Quality Inn

625 Quentin Rd.

Lebanon, PA

17042-7088

Toll-Free: (800) 626-8242 or (717) 273-6771

Fax: (717) 273-4882

Make your reservations by September 1, 2010 to make sure you get a room. Let them know that you are part of the 36th/540th Reunion to get discounted rate! Hotel rooms are $58.00 per night and includes breakfast.

Thursday- Sunday, September 23rd to 26th, 2010

The Colony Room (our hospitality suite) is available to us for all four days. Snacks will be provided, along with beer and wine.

We usually plan a nice dinner out at a local restaurant on Friday night. If you are interested, let John or I know ahead of time so we can include you in the reservations. If not, the Colony Room will be open for your use.

There will be a banquet Saturday evening. This is a semi-formal affair.

DVD presentations by YOURS TRULY will be shown throughout the weekend.

Bring your photos, etc. We have a LOT of fun reminiscing!

------------------------------------

PLEASE MAIL $40.00 (per person) to JOHN FALLON to cover dinner and hospitality suite goodies before September 1, 2010. Let him know how many will be attending along with names, so he can prepare your name tags. Send check or money order to:

John Fallon

2459 First Ave

Avalon, NJ 08202

-----------------------------------

Nearest available airport - Harrisburg, PA (approximately 30 minutes west of our hotel)

The famous Hershey's Chocolate Factory/Museum, in Hershey, PA is located between airport and Lebanon. Plan on stopping in!

-----------------------------------

Map of Area

http://www.lebanonpa.org/lebanoncity/site/default.asp

Captain John Fallon proudly reports - dated March 29, 2010

They are reporting in in good numbers. We will have at least as many as last year at the reunion.

36 Engineers are rugged......John Fallon II. Capt. USA Ret.

YEAH!!!!

:bluejumper:

Are any of our members going to join me in September? Just curious. I am praying for a good turnout. If it's at all possible to make it, please try. Would be an honor and so much fun to see ya there!!!

:armata_PDT_01:

Just booked the hotel. YEAH! Now later today, my flight...

Turns out that I will be in Quantico, VA for that week. That puts me within 4 hours drive of Lebanon. Unfortunately, I don't think I can justify driving 185 miles out of the way in a government supplied rental car for this thing. It's very sad to be so close but close enough!! :(

Of course politicians can fly all their buddies here and there on the tax payer dime with no issues. . . Not saying I should, but let them be scrutinized for every penny they spend for a change!!

[sorry, I'm off my soap box!]

:cuss:

Oh, that is too bad! So close. I was really hoping...

I haven't heard of ANY kids or grandkids going yet, to represent the 540th! That is sad! I hope at least a couple make it.

One guy wrote to me and said, maybe in a couple of years. I wrote back and said, do you realize that none of them may be around in a couple of years? It really can't wait!

There may be reunion (and if I have my way, YES) in a few years, but it may be JUST the the family members, saluting and remembering these guys. SO, if anyone can possibly make it, do so this year. Don't kick yourself in the ass later. It may be TOO late.

Oh I did get my flight. So now I am all set. Can't wait!!!

Well John reports today.

...We have 20 signed up and hope for 2 or maybe 4 more....

Come on gang, let's get a few more people, even if you can only visit for a day.

Well how's this for dedication and enthusiasm?!? Our very own COLIN is flying in from England to attend the reunion. Holy cow! I was so thrilled when I got your PM this weekend.

So happens, we will arrive at the airport within minutes of each other.

Cannot wait to meet you in person. This is very exciting.

:bluejumper:

Thank you for the invite Marion, I only hope everyone else is as enthusiastic about my attending as you! - lol

It will be good to meet all the people here that I have come to know over the years I've been a member of this great website. It will be an honour to be among those attending the reunion.

Colin. :14_1_107v:

Pages: 1 2 3 4