Forums

Full Version: Rocky's Italy Trip 2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

<!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Art of Love Fundraiser

Send Roque "Rocky" Riojas to Italy

Help raise funds to send "Rocky", a Mexican-American World War II veteran, back to Italy to retrace his steps from the war. The trip to Italy will produce a historical lecture series to educate local schools, historical groups and veteran organizations about World War Ii through a living veteran.

February 5, 2010

7:00 p.m. to midnight

Aquarius-Vulcan's Forge

Meeting Room

3937 Washington

Kansas City, Missouri

Admission $25.00 each, $40.00 for couples

Tickets available at Aquarius located at 3936 Broadway, Kansas City , Missouri or at door

Admission includes Mexican food, swing dance lessons, music, games, prizes, cash bar

Sponsored by:

Aquarius

American GI Forum

WOMAN (Women of the Military Advocacy Network)

Come look at the photographic art display by Amanda Cherry-Haus

"The Art of Love"

Photographs of world's favorite lovers<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

Event postponed until later...

Heya folks-

Since all of you were directly involved in this fundraiser I want to first apologize for doing this and then tell you it's been canceled for February 5th. The art show is still going up and will run the month of February, but the actual fundraiser is being canceled.

I spoke with the owner of Aquarius this morning and we both agreed that the cost of the event would probably not allow for a significant donation to Rocky's fund which was our main goal and purpose. To have alcohol and food served at the event was becoming more than what we anticipated the event could raise for Rocky. So we decided to cancel the event for now. There just wasn't enough time or resources to make this happen- but I sincerely appreciate you all coming forward to help.

My personal thoughts are to create a larger event for the month of July. I would really like to do something at say the Madrid Theater with a Patriotic 1940's theme... which I'm hopeful you all will still be interested in supporting if it comes to pass. I will keep you all in the loop with details and such if you are interested. I am going to work on soliciting a corporate sponsor to help with the costs which should make the event even better!

thanks again to all of you for your help...

Amanda

I might add that Amanda can take donations thru paypal. :)

Rocky sent me a newspaper with an article regarding his upcoming trip.

It was a bit difficult to scan, but I got the English part of it (was in English and Spanish) copied. I also included the photos in the Spanish section.

Rocky\'s trip in newspaper March 2011001.pdf

Rocky\'s trip in newspaper March 2011002.pdf

Cool stuff!

Hi Mare!! Just a short note. Gary Swanso was here with me yeaterday and he scanned for tickets for us to go to Italy on the 17th of April. He will get them for me via Internet. There is going to be a big celebration in Bologna on the 21st. and Matteo wants me there representing the 34th. RED BULL Divn. And do some book signing.

Me and my other friends we will be in Bologna in uniform! So Rocky will scold us if we have done something wrong! :P

Enrico, everything will be fine. WE will all be there to enjoy,even if you wear shorts.

I will find something to wear. Rocky

Hi rocky:

I moved the posts here to the Italy trip topic, because it didn't really belong with the dog-tags topic.

Congrats on the progress. YEAH!!!

:theman:

Hi rocky:

I moved the posts here to the Italy trip topic, because it didn't really belong with the dog-tags topic.

Congrats on the progress. YEAH!!!

:theman:

Yeah, I quess you're right --dogtags and trip is a little different. Gary Swanson was here yesterday and he got me the tickets on line. K.C.-Rome --2 weeks--back April 17,

to May 3. Will have to have some handcerchiefs handy, Salerno.Mt. Pantano, Monte Cassino,Anzio and some others.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6