Forums

Full Version: Newbie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

My dad, Jim B. Pearce Jr. was in Company A 1280th Engineer Combat Battallion during WW11 and I am trying to find out about his unit.

I would like to contact some of the members of his unit if any are still around. A lady called my mother a few years ago and asked for my dad, she told her that he had passed away.

She told my mother about a reunion they were having and I am wondering if they still have reunions.

I would appreciate any assistance.

Thanks

Bob Pearce

Waycross, Georgia

Email: (removed for privacy)

Marion's note: I strongly urge members NOT to list their email addresses on any website, for it's a great way for spammers to get a hold of your address. Any member wishing to get in touch with you can do so through this forum. Anyone outside the forum can get in touch with me and I will make the connection. :armata_PDT_01:

Hi Bob:

Welcome to the forum. I hope we can shed some light on your research. I promise I will take a look through my documents and see what I can come up with.

In the meantime, please peruse the advice I've given to other members and take a look at our Research section, for it will offer tips on how to get started.

Must run this morning because I have a ton on my plate and have to open the doors to our little country store, in an hour.

Thanks for joining,

Marion

Have you seen this? It's pretty cool. It's about a member of that unit who donated his collection of photos from the war, to the Pritzker Military Library.

http://www.pritzkermilitarylibrary.org/news/files/2008-2.pdf

It would be a great idea to call or write to them and make an inquiry.

http://www.pritzkermilitarylibrary.org/

Even thought this is an obituary, members have often had luck contacting the family of the deceased. You never know where this may lead, for they could have info they'd love to share:

http://obit.harkinsfuneralhome.com/obitdis...t&id=556293

Hi Bob, welcome to the forum.

There are no current association contacts for the 1280th listed and i havent yet found which command they were under.

The 1280th CEB has a campaign credit for Central Europe and Occupation duty in Germany - 2 May - 5 July 1945.

You can request your dad`s service record from the NPRC in St Louis. His enlistment record gives his service number which you`ll need for the request:

ARMY SERIAL NUMBER 34683943

NAME PEARCE#JIM#B#JR######### PEARCE#JIM#B#JR#########

RESIDENCE: STATE 43 GEORGIA

RESIDENCE: COUNTY 049 CHARLTON

PLACE OF ENLISTMENT 4344 FT MCPHERSON ATLANTA GEORGIA

DATE OF ENLISTMENT DAY 14 14

DATE OF ENLISTMENT MONTH 01 01

DATE OF ENLISTMENT YEAR 43 43

The NPRC also will have rosters & morning reports for the unit you can obtain.

Operational records for the 1280th can be ordered from the Archives II Reference Section (Military), Textual Archives Services Division (NWCT2R[M]), National Archives at College Park, 8601 Adelphi Road, College Park, MD, 20740-6001. PHONE: 301-837-3510; FAX: 301-837-1752;

ARC - Archival Descriptions Search - Results -

File Unit from Record Group 498: Records of Headquarters, European Theater of Operations, United States Army (World War II), 1942 - 1947

1280th Engineer Combat Battalion 1945

ARC Identifier 981545 / MLR Number Entry UD 494 Container ID: 27