Forums

Full Version: John Fallon to appear in Army Engineer Magazine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

My good buddy Art Cook, wrote to me a couple of weeks back and said he LOVED reading fellow 36th Engineer John Fallon's, recently published memoirs. He said John was his hero and he wondered if maybe Army Engineer would print John's story.

Bravo I said, that is a great idea, and I too thought John's story was well-written and truly showed the COMBAT, in combat engineers. So...a few days ago I wrote to my buddy, Col Mike Morgan and sent him a copy of the PDF file. Would you be interested, I asked? Well within a few hours I received a resounding yes.

And so today I ran the document through an OCR program, and dumped it back into a word processor so I could make some minor changes for John. Also this allows me to send Mike a TEXT file, so Mike can copy and paste into the framework for the article.

It was the first time I used my OCR software (for those unfamiliar with, it stands for Optical Character Recognition). It worked flawlessly and was so easy to use. It even amazed yours truly. Wow, this is amazing I exclaimed over and over!

I also sent a number of photos to use within, at Mike's discretion.

So the three of us are excited and will see the article sometime in early fall, if all goes well.

Thank you Art for your suggestion and inspiration. Thank you John for taking the time to write your memoirs, and thanks to Mike Morgan for giving us the the opportunity to once again grace your pages.

Hugs to all,

M