Forums

Full Version: Robert Knapp -370th Combat Eng
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Found this entry in our guestbook this week and was honored to hook him up with Memories of Richard Fietz. :pdt34:

--------------------------------------

I was surprised to see a picture of my Father, Robert Knapp (1922-2001), on your web site. He is right behind Richard Fietz in the photo of the 370th Combat Engineers. He also served in the 104th Barrage Balloon. I came across your site trying to find info on his units. I enjoyed reading Mr. Feitz contributions very much since my father also served in those units. Thanks for creating such a great website.

Steve Knapp

-------------------------------------

I sent the email to Dick and he wrote saying:

-------------------------------------

Dear Marion,

Thanks for the reply. I had re-read the initial e-mail from you and located the address on your web site.

I sent Steve a message. He replied, expressing an interest in photos and info regarding which of my adventures his father had shared.

Actually, his dad and I were together from basic to my early return to the States. Since we were in a 12 man engineering squad together we knew each other quite well.

I located 3 additional photos of his dad which I sent to him.

I expect he'll have some questions.

appreciatively,

Dick