Forums

Full Version: New Dutch Member
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

peter

post-854-1246827655_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

My name is Peter van der Linden from The Netherlands.

Some time ago a signed up for this forum.

After some start-up troubles with my account its finally possible to post something.

So an introduction seems the best way to start out.

Some members on this forum I already know because of my travelling and other forum memberships.

I'm interested in ww2 like many others on a brought side and I like to read about both sides of the fence.

I live near the Son Eindhoven drop-zone's where also Airborne Engineers fought the Nazi's

I am a regular visitor of Normandy and The Bulge to visit former battle area's, museum’s and points of interest.

I am doing some research about the ww2 history of my village.

That comes down to the German occupation, Market-Garden and the Liberation.

In short German Wehrmacht and SS-allied Paratroops and Troop carriers and allied liberation forces in my area.

All I learn is made into a story to share someday so the sacrifice that is made for our freedom will be remembered.

Peter.

hey peter

always nice to meet dutch people on international forums

regards bas timmers

breda netherlands

www.timberwolves.nl

www.maczekmuseum.nl

Dear Peter:

Yes, we got off to a rocky start, and that is entirely my fault. Now we've got the audience curious! :rolleyes:

In my attempt to keep the weirdos away, I accidentally listed Peter's IP address on the banned list. I "ran into" Peter on Burgett's forum, while replying to Don's new spamming dilemma. Well Peter jumped in and explained he had been banned from OUR site. Oops. Told him I was sorry and would rectify it immediately, and here we are.

So I am very happy you finally made it, and hope I can make it up to you. Enjoy our site. We have LOTS of great folks here including WWII vets.

M1

:pdt12:

Hello Peter, welcome to the forum. i hope we can help you with your WW2 research. Finding information is one of strong points around here & there are lots of people here that can help you.

What have you found in your research so far? And is there anything specific your looking for?

Welcome Peter, im glad you managed to get in after all.

Ronald

Welcome Peter!!

I hope to hear more about your villages experience during the occupation.

Darlene

Hello Peter ! Welcome to this very interesting & diverse forum !!

vee ;)

Thank you members for the warm welcome.

WW2 history interest me as long as I can remember.

My researching only just started 2 years ago, when I was asked by a neighbour to search on the internet for info regarding a glider that crashed in my village during Market-Garden.

On the internet I found the website of Doug Wilber who mentioned this glider on his website he has in tribute to his fathers WW2 326th AEB history.

After I contacted Doug and provided him with the little info I had from a local history book I promised to search for more about the glider in The Netherlands.

I then regularly posted what I had found over here on his forum and eventually put all that in to writing.

That story I then gave to Doug and the rest took off from there, I was hooked.

In the meantime I Just finished a little story of a C47 crash in my village that was on a tow mission to Arnhem.

There are some members here who probably know of my story's and as soon as I figger out where to post them I will do so.

I think our history belongs for everybody to be read.

Would be a waist to keep the story's on a bookshelf on my attic.

Peter.

Agreed; history should be shared with all! :armata_PDT_37:

It's easy to get hooked. Once it gets in your blood, then it's all over! :bluejumper:

Doug is a great guy and a dear friend. I had the honor of meeting him in person, and so enjoyed his company. Of course we loved talking about our dad's.

A warm welcome once again.