Forums

Full Version: Rocky.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

post-256-1242902148_thumb.jpg Rocky, this amazing photo is captioned the 'Big Red One '' Crossing the Rhine..' but I think that's your insingna they are wearing..? :armata_PDT_37:

Ah, too blurry for me to make out, but it also looks similar to the 101st Airborne patch. :pdt12: Add your units name here! :frown:

Wonder how many mistakes we could find in movies, regarding patches, etc. I'm sure there are many!

Ah, too blurry for me to make out, but it also looks similar to the 101st Airborne patch. :pdt12: Add your units name here! :frown:

Wonder how many mistakes we could find in movies, regarding patches, etc. I'm sure there are many!

M-1 I enlarged it and it's Big Red One--It's a square patch

with RED ONE in the middle. Thanks for thinking of me.

The 34th was in No. Africa and Italy ONLY. Rocky

Here is a larger B/W version from the NARA website:

ww2-117.jpg

This was the original caption:

"I drew an assault boat to cross in--just my luck. We all tried to crawl under each other because the lead was flying around like hail." Crossing the Rhine under enemy fire at St. Goar. March 1945. [Catalog number] 208-YE-132.

The best view is of the SSgt in the back.

post-449-1242971747_thumb.jpg

It is the SSI for the 89th Infantry Division who crossed the Rhine on 24 March, 1945 as part of the VIII Army Corps of Patton's 3rd Army.

200px-89th_Regional_Readiness_Command_SSI.svg.png