Forums

Full Version: Thoughts and prayers for Janie Weiskircher
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Just received a disturbing letter from my friend, Russ Weiskircher, 45th Inf Div. Lee and I got the chance to meet up with Russ, his wife Janie and their friend, for lunch, during our trip to Atlanta.

Dear Friend: Lunch with you was the last outing for Janie, i.e. the last before some tragic experiences. She has just spent a week in the hospital and is home tonight after surgery to amputate one third of her right foot. It is the result of a circulation problem. Needless to say things are a little upside down here while I adjust to the TLC mission for the next several weeks/months--whatever it takes. It's is far from over. If this doesn't work she faces more surgery and the possible loss of the right leg. So please keep her in your prayers. I will keep you informed and I hope the news will be better. Russ

All my best to Janie and to you Russ. It saddens me she had to go through this. I pray that it won't get worse. :unsure:

The latest from Russ...

We ARE CAUTIOUSLY HAPPY TO REPORT THAT THE SURGEON FOUND CIRCULATION, WARMTH AND REASON TO BELIEVE THAT JANE MIGHT ESCAPE FURTHER SURGERY. It's not final. She faces weekly check ups and ultra sound tests and might still have to arterial bypass or more amputation, but today there is hope....

...We, at this point, wont need home health nursing care but I am arranging for some relief by a local CNA, certified nursing assistant. She works the night shift in a nearby nursing home and is going to spend some afternoons to relieve me. She can assist in bathing etc....

...To our family and friends. There is a smile and a prayer of thanksgiving at this house. All of you have contributed so much. Best wishes to all of you and yours. Russ Weiskircher

PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW!!!!!

GREAT news Russ. Here's to Janie! :huggybears:

All our prayers are with you Russ. Caring for a loved one is never a chore. Give your wife our best.

chuck

Our thoughts and prayers are with them in these difficult times.

Hang tough.

Frank